We support moves on campus, from pieces of furniture to full office relocations! Some moves fall outside our scope and require external movers to be hired. In these cases, we are happy to assist by providing contact information for a reputable moving company. Examples of moves requiring external assistance include lab equipment, heavy machinery and full department relocations.
Moving your office or furniture
We require a minimum of five business days notice for all move requests.
The best way to prepare for a move is to plan well in advance. Request our support by completing the google formGeneral Service Request, external link form as soon as you have the necessary details including the move date, current and new locations, and contact information so we can reach you for follow-up.
Our moving services are typically available between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. We do our best to accommodate specific move dates and will notify you within five days of receiving your request to confirm availability. Within that timeline, we will also advise if there are any associated chargebacks.
Tips for moving day
Follow these tips to help things go quickly and smoothly on the day of the move:
- Pack all contents of the office that need to move. Please note that Facilities does not provide boxes.
- Label the furniture and boxes with the room and building number where it’s being relocated.
- Empty furniture like filing cabinets, desks and shelves.
We require a minimum of five business days notice for all furniture removal requests.
If you need furniture removed from your workspace, we can help with that too! Request our support by completing the google formGeneral Service Request, external link form at least five business days in advance of your preferred removal date.
Note these general guidelines for furniture disposal:
- Identify the furniture for disposal with a label.
- Leave the furniture where it currently lives. Please do not put any furniture into hallways and stairwells, as it may block emergency exit routes.
- If you wish to store furniture, you will need to find and pay for that service. We do not have storage space on campus.