You are now in the main content area
Hazard signage is required on every door of a public hallway or common access routes leading into spaces where hazardous materials are stored and/or used.
Requesting a new sign
To request a new sign for a laboratory or support space (e.g. chemical storage room), please follow these steps:
- Log in to the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) portal using your TMU ID and select “Signage Request Form” from the list of forms on the left.
- Complete the information for the required equipment, contents and uses of the lab space.
- Submit the form to generate your printable, full-colour lab sign. If you do not have a colour printer and/or you cannot print in legal format, you can request that EHS print the sign for you by selecting the applicable checkbox before clicking “Submit.”
- Place the card in the sign holder by simply opening the sign holder and inserting the printed sign.
EHS can support your hazard signage requirements. Contact us at email@example.com or 416-979-5000, ext. 553770 if:
- you have a lab, but no sign holder was installed; or
- you have a sign holder, but the room is not a lab (e.g. classroom, office) or is a computer lab only (i.e. no chemical, biological or physical hazards typically present in scientific or engineering labs exist).