Proudly diverse, intentionally inclusive
The mandate of Ryerson’s Office of the Vice-President, Equity and Community Inclusion (OVPECI) is to maintain a visible presence for equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) and Indigenous values and experience as integral components across all teaching, learning, research, service and administrative functions of the university, while addressing the range of systemic barriers at Ryerson. The OVPECI is led by Interim Vice-President, Equity and Community Inclusion, Dr. Anver Saloojee.
How we can support your commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
Our team can help you to strategize the ways that you can respond, build, adapt and enhance how you learn, teach and work to further reflect Ryerson’s values of equity, diversity and inclusion. In particular, we support students experiencing any difficulties in the classroom (virtual or in-person), including barriers to full participation and inclusion. We encourage you to get in touch if you are seeking:
- Culturally-supportive student support for First Nations, Inuit, Metis, Canadian Indigenous students (or those who identify by nation or community).
- Strategies to enhance the inclusion of students, faculty and staff with disabilities.
- Coaching, advice and consultation to help you respond to human rights concerns, as well as the investigation and alternative resolutions of complaints.
- Educational programming, including community events and workshops, to engage with topics related to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Educational training opportunities to increase your team’s understanding of the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Equity data and diversity resources to help you plan and make decisions with intention.