You are now in the main content area

Payment Methods

If your student account is in collections and a hold has been placed on your account, it is critical that payments are made as soon as possible. Payment for student accounts with collection holds can be made via the following options:

Canadian bank payments

Students who hold a Canadian bank account can make payments towards undergraduate or graduate accounts online or in-person through your Canadian bank or credit union. Find more guidance on the how to pay your fees page.

International transfer payments

International students have the option of making payments via three vendors: CIBC International StudentPay, Convera for Students or PayMyTuition International. Please refer to the how to pay your fees page for guidance on international payments.

Payment questions

In order to release the hold on your account, any overdue tuition and ancillary fees must be paid in full.

No, you cannot enroll in courses if you have outstanding tuition and fees. A payment plan can be put in place but the outstanding fees must be paid in full for the hold to be lifted.

Late fees on overdue account balances are charged on the third business day of the month. They are charged monthly, except at the start of the term in September, January and May. Monthly late fees are 1.25% (16.08% effective annual rate).

Tuition fees for undergraduate, graduate and law school programs are due by the payment deadlines at the beginning of the semester. Chang School course fees are due at the time of course enrolment. For more information, please visit the tuition and fees deadline page.

If you accepted an offer of admission or enrolled at TMU and don’t intend to take classes, you must follow the correct procedures to cancel your offer of admission or withdraw from your program. TMU does not drop students from courses for non-attendance. Student who don’t take appropriate steps to cancel or withdraw may be academically and financially responsible for any course enrolments that remain on their record.

If you are contacted regarding fees and you did not attend classes, it is important that you contact the ServiceHub as soon as possible.

Toronto Metropolitan University does not accept payments in person.

International students making payments via one of the university’s international payment partners have the option of paying by credit card. Please refer to the how to pay your fees page for guidance.

Payment plans

Students who can demonstrate temporary financial hardship may be granted a short payment plan not to exceed one term or four months in length. If you have an account hold on your MyServiceHub account for overdue fees, you may contact Collection Services at 416-979-5071 or to discuss your options. We are unable to discuss payment plan options if your account does not have an account hold.

Bankruptcy and consumer proposals

Filing for bankruptcy or entering into a consumer proposal to creditors can seem like an easy solution when you’re having trouble paying tuition, but it’s a very serious matter that can impact your credit score and limit future employment opportunities. Before considering these options, we advise you to explore all financial options available to you.

If you’ve filed for bankruptcy or a consumer proposal and wish to continue your education at TMU, you’ll be required to pay tuition and ancillary fees in advance for all courses and programs, no matter which career stream or program you’re enrolled in.

For further information on Bankruptcy and Insolvency please visit the Government of Canada’s Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy (external link, opens in new window)  website.