The TMU Purchasing Card (P-Card) program offers an efficient and convenient method of payment. It is the recommended means of payment for employees who make frequent low-dollar value purchases for goods, services and travel-related expenses.
The P-Card can be used only for business expenses related to TMU's operational and research activities. Personal expenses are not to be charged to a TMU P-Card.
All transactions are subject to audit and any inappropriate use may result in TMU suspending or revoking your cardholder privileges.
With the P-Card, you’ll be able to:
- streamline low-dollar purchasing processes by reducing the need for purchase requisitions and invoice processing
- book travel efficiently
- expedite payments directly to a vendor, eliminating need for cheques or electronic funds transfer (EFT) payments
- view your transactions directly in the Financial Information System (FIS or Oracle) (opens in new window) as soon as they’re posted
- reconcile, submit for approval and clear transactions directly in the financial system, without having to manually key-in the details
- reduce the need for employee travel expense reimbursements
Please contact the P-Card administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application. Financial Services conducts an eligibility review on all applications and reserves the right to reject applications based on results of the review.
There are three P-Card profiles you can request based on your purchasing needs:
- purchases only (for goods and services, excluding consulting and professional services)
- travel only
- combination of purchases and travel
Upon vetting from Financial Services, your card will be set up with the profile requested.
Before you can receive your P-Card, you are required to complete two workshops:
Search for training dates and register for your session on the Learning Events Calendar.
Once training is complete, you’ll be contacted by the P-Card administrator to pick up your card in person from Financial Services. Please note that for security reasons, cards will only be given to the individual who the card is issued to. TMU or government-issued photo ID is required to pick up your card.
P-Card use: Common questions
It will take approximately two weeks upon receipt of the request.