If you’re a vendor providing goods or services to TMU, the following billing information may help in your work with the university.
When invoicing TMU for goods or services, please ensure the following details are included on the invoice:
- a valid purchase order (PO) number issued by TMU
- a "bill to" address reading:
Toronto Metropolitan University
Financial Services Department
350 Victoria Street
Toronto, ON M5B 2K3
- accurate "ship to" information identifying the TMU contact person or department placing the order
- description of the good or service
For additional shipping information, visit our Shipping & Receiving page.
Invoices with a valid PO number can be submitted to POinvoices@torontomu.ca. This email address is for invoice submission only. If you have questions about the status of your invoice, please email email@example.com.
For efficient processing, please ensure your invoices:
- are submitted as separate PDF documents when there are multiple invoices
- include related backup documentation where required
- include a description of the good or service
- are submitted once and in one format only - via email or regular mail
Additionally, invoices must comply with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) guidelines. Learn more about required information for sales invoices on the CRA’s Input tax credits page (external link) .
For details on the forms of payment you can expect, please visit the Paying Vendors page.
Checking your invoice status
To inquire about the status of your invoice, please contact the Payment Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-979-5010.
Payment terms and discounts
TMU’s standard payment terms are Net 30 days from the invoice date, unless otherwise stated on the purchase order. When a supplier discount is available for prompt payment of invoices, the university will expedite payment accordingly.
Invoices that do not include a valid purchase order number and applicable taxes are subject to return for correction.