Become a Career Mentor
- Share your expertise and advice to support in the transition of an upper year student into the workforce
- Enhance your personal and professional career portfolio through your involvement
- Connect with students and other professionals to expand your network
- Explore and share how your identity relates to your industry/occupation
- Be a working professional in any field of study and/or work. Graduate students are also welcome to sign-up.
- You are comfortable sharing your knowledge and experience with students, and supporting them in meeting their goals.
- Be available to connect with your career mentee a maximum of 2 hours per month; a maximum of 8 hours per semester (not applicable to Flash Mentoring).
Applications remain open for career mentors to sign-up at anytime. However, to be considered for a one-on-one match, you need to sign-up between April and August. If not matched, you will automatically be approved for Flash Mentoring.
Apply to become a career mentor (user type: alumni or non-alumni mentor) at torontomu.peoplegrove.com (external link)
- Complete career mentor training (typically an online video within the TMP Community Portal)
- Minimum of 2 interactions with your mentee each month. Online communication through portal (preferred method), social media, text messaging, video call, in person (on campus or off campus)
- Complete all TMP Monthly Engagement Reports, including letting TMP staff know about mentee progress, challenges and concerns
- Application opens: On-going (April-August to be consdered for a match)
- Matching: August and September - not applicable to Flash Mentoring
- Mentoring starts: August/September
- Mentoring ends: end of March
- When signing up, mentors will be asked about their expertise, field of work and study
- All industry professionals will be provided with clarification about program expectations
- Career mentors are not guaranteed a match. This depends on career mentee availability and interest. If you are not matched or have signed up for Flash Mentoring only, you will be approved to interact with multiple career mentees.
For more information on Career Mentoring and/or Flash Mentoring, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to contact one of the Career Mentoring Assistants, or contact:
She/Her/Hers | Mentoring Facilitator
416 979 5000 ext 554205
TMP Alumni Association
The mission of TMPAA is to foster and build relations with program's alumnus, to facilitate the growth of those graduates, and to connect them to the Tri-Mentoring Program and the TMU community as a whole.
For more information, please contact Kareem at firstname.lastname@example.org.