You are now in the main content area
Graduate Student Support
Student Life and Learning Support is here to support you throughout your graduate school experience. Whether you are looking for academic or social support, we've got you covered!
Graduate Student Support in SLLS
International Student Support (ISS) works to foster a sense of belonging and community for all students who are new to Canada as well as for those students seeking a global experience on campus. We welcome and support newcomers to Canada as they adjust to the new Canadian environment and culture. ISS will connect you to Ryerson’s vibrant campus community, and support you in reaching your academic, personal, and professional goals.
- google formJob Search Club for Graduate International & Newcomer Students, external link: The Career & Co-op Centre and ISS are partnering to offer international graduate students and newcomers to Canada from all faculties, the opportunity to join a job search community. Over a series of virtual sessions, students will be guided through each step of an effective Canadian job search process and will gain insights on Work Permit conditions. The program will also give participants an opportunity to network with alumni from various faculties and industries!
- ISS Grad Connect: Informal biweekly sessions on topics of interest to the International Graduate Student Community. The aim of the sessions is to provide a direct platform for students to ask questions, gain information and generate insights
- For Immigration Advising Appointments, email email@example.com
We offer services for Master’s and PhD students. Book an individual appointment with a writing consultant to discuss research papers, grant applications, and theses/dissertations. Graduate students can also join a graduate writing group, workshop, or meet with a dissertation coach to develop academic skills specific to graduate education.
Graduate Student Support in Learning Support Programs:
- One-on-One Graduate Writing Consultations
- Weekly Writing Group: Coffee and Writing
- Graduate Research & Writing Institute (Fall Semester)
- Graduate Write-a-thon (Winter Semester)
- Bi-weekly Workshops
- Dissertation Coaching
- English Speaking and Listening Appointments
- Grammar/Self-Supported Editing Appointments
The Tri-Mentoring Program offers both peer and career mentoring for Graduate students to build community among peers and network with industry professionals.
- Graduate Career Mentoring
- GRADMentors — Peer Mentoring Program: The GRADMentors program matches graduate students with undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing MA/PhD studies. This program, held in collaboration with the Graduate Leadership Institute, runs for the duration of the academic year and is a time commitment of 2-3 hours per month.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Academic Support Group for Racialized Women and Nonbinary Gradaute Students
Are you a racialized woman or non-binary student in graduate school at Ryerson? Are you looking for a supportive academic community of your peers?
Join staff from Student Life and Learning Support for a series of workshops and drop-in writing-groups dedicated to supporting racialized women and non-binary students in graduate school. In addition to skill-developing workshops and supportive writing groups, Study Link will create opportunities for racialized women and non-binary students to build communities and discuss their needs and experiences in caring environments.
google formRegister for Winter sessions here!, external link