You are now in the main content area

Student records and transcripts

How to obtain official transcripts, update your personal information and more

Your official Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) transcript is a complete record of enrolment at TMU, including all undergraduate, graduate and continuing education courses and credits granted toward your program. See instructions in the links below for ordering and viewing official and unofficial transcripts.


To change to your legal name, date of birth, gender, you must submit a Personal Data Change Form, in person, with a photo ID (e.g. OneCard) plus at least one of the following documents (as indicated beside each reason) to support your identity and name. Original or certified true copies of documents must be provided:

  • Correction or an addition to your name and/or date of birth (Birth Certificate, Passport).
  • Name change by marriage (Marriage Certificate)
  • Return to maiden name (Birth Certificate)
  • Official name change (Change of Name Certificate)
  • Note: Name change requests for Alumni will only be processed for official name changes
  • Transitioning/gender identity and expression – without official name change (Student Records Statutory Declaration for Change of Name is required). For more information, please visit Transitioning at TMU.

Bring the complete package (form, government issued photo identification and documentation) in person to the ServiceHub, Room POD-150 in the Podium. We will photocopy your original documentation and return the originals to you. There is no fee.

Initials: We will record all initials in your name with a period after the initial in accordance with standard publishing practices.

Visit Office of the Registrar: Student ID and Personal Information for further instructions.


You can update your permanent home address, mailing address, and/or phone number at any time through your Student Center in MyServiceHub. Detailed instructions are available on the MyServiceHub Support website.

How to update your address or phone number

Updating Your Primary Name

Your primary name is used on all official university documents, including transcripts, graduation award documents, and class rosters, and must be your official legal name. To make any changes to your primary name, you must submit a Personal Data Change Form and supporting documentation to Student Records.

How to update your primary name

Use Toronto Metropolitan University's (TMU) online Degree Verification Service (DVS) to confirm you have been conferred a TMU degree.

Letters can be requested for a variety of purposes including proof of enrolment and verification of the completion of degree requirements prior to convocation. 

The fee for each letter is $20, and $5 for additional copies. Bring the  (PDF file) Third Party Letter form to the Service Hub - POD-150, 350 Victoria Street, to make your payment, and then submit the form to your Graduate Program.