Scriptwriting and Story Design (MFA)
Part of The Creative School
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) or equivalent of 3.00/4.33 (B)
- Statement of interest
- Two letters of recommendation
- Example of written creative work
- English language proficiency requirement
More information on admission requirements. Due to the competitive nature of our programs, it is not possible to offer admission to everyone who applies that meets the minimum entrance requirements for the program.
Students are encouraged to submit applications prior to the first consideration date to increase their chances of securing financial support for their graduate studies. Applications received after the first consideration date will be accepted and reviewed based on spaces remaining in the program.
See application dates.
- autobiographical and personal narratives
- collaborative creative processes
- contemporary narrative
- cultural diversity in the script and story development process
- linear and non-linear story design
- live- events scripting
- narrative structures, styles and dramaturgical methodologies
- occupational dynamics of stage and screenwriters
- story iteration across multiple media forms
Graduate Program Director
BA. W. Laur., BAA, Ryerson, MFA, York (Can.)
Research areas: continuing evolution of storytelling forms and the dynamics of creative collaboration
Telephone: 416-979-5000 ext. 557009