Documentary Media (MFA)
Part of The Creative School
- Completion of a four-year undergraduate (or equivalent) degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum GPA or equivalent of 3.00/4.33 (B) in the last two years of study
- Statement of interest
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency requirement
More information on admission requirements. Due to the competitive nature of our programs, it is not possible to offer admission to everyone who applies that meets the minimum entrance requirements for the program.
Students are encouraged to submit applications prior to the first consideration date to increase their chances of securing financial support for their graduate studies. Applications received after the first consideration date will be accepted and reviewed based on spaces remaining in the program.
See application dates.
- 24/7 access to graduate labs/equipment
- Extensive camera, sound and studio resources
- Digital editing, printing and scanning facilities
- Analogue resources
The DocNow Festival presents the thesis work of students in the program. Students collaborate on a citywide festival featuring screenings, exhibitions and events exploring a wide range of subjects and celebrating their creative achievements.
Graduate Studies Admissions Office
11th Floor, 1 Dundas Street West
For information specific to programs, please see the program contact information below.
Graduate Program Administrator
“The collaborative nature of the program provided the space and creative community I needed to develop my ideas, and to critique and challenge my growing narrative. The master classes and guest lectures also provided industry dialogue, while acting as a hub for creative approaches to storytelling.”