The following phone options are available to faculty and staff. CCS will need an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org from your Dean, Chair, Director or direct supervisor/manager to approve access to these services. Upon email approval, CCS can arrange to enable one of these options.
Cisco Jabber is an application that allows you to make and receive phone calls to your TMU extension on your computer and mobile device. It is compatible for use only with TMU’s new Cisco phone system.
1. Download the Cisco Jabber client for Mac with the following link: CiscoJabberMac.pkg. Note operating systems released prior to Sierra may not be compatible with Cisco Jabber. Instructions on how to find your version can be found on the Cisco Jabber page.
2. On the TMU login screen, enter your my.torontomu username and password. Click Log in.
3. On the File Download screen, click the Save button to save the zip file to a location where you can easily find it such as your desktop or your Local Disk (C:).
4. Once the file has downloaded, select and install the CiscoJabberMac.pkg file. When prompted, select Continue.
4. Scroll through the Jabber introduction windows by swiping left to the fourth page and select Get started.
5. You may choose to Allow or Deny Jabber access to your contacts; make and manage phone calls; access photos, media and files on your device; record audio; and stop optimizing battery usage based on your functionality.