Toronto Metropolitan University's Virtual Applications (VApps) provide secure access to licensed software applications from anywhere with an Internet connection. By using VApps, you can use applications without having to install them on your computer. The service runs on Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD) infrastructure.
Required software for accessing the VApps environment
You will need two applications in place prior to accessing VApps, including:
- Microsoft multi-factor authentication (MFA); and the
- Microsoft desktop client (Windows (external link) ) or (MAC (external link) )
How to connect to VApps using the app
Once you have enabled and tested Microsoft’s MFA and desktop client installed on your computer, you’ll be ready to connect to VApps. To do so:
- Launch the Remote Desktop client
- Select Subscribe.
- Note: if this is your first time using Remote Desktop, you may have to subscribe.
- For Workspace URL use https://rdweb.wvd.microsoft.com/api/arm/feeddiscovery
(do not enter your email address for workspace URL)
- Sign in with your Ryerson email and password (do not use your Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) account) and a virtual desktop will appear, allowing you to run all software available via VApps.
- Under CCS Workspace, double click on 'VApps Desktop' to launch Windows desktop with available apps.
Note: That there could be other workspaces provided by other schools.
How to Connect using a Web Browser
You can login from VApps here (external link)
Follow more details, you can access the instructions (external link)
Virtual Applications (VApps) file storage
Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) offers 500mb of storage on the Personal Storage (V:) drive. It is recommended to work from your persistent V: drive.
Note: Please do not save files anywhere else on the servers. That includes Desktop, My Documents. Our servers hosting the applications are wiped daily which will result in loss of files.
Applications available with VApps
- AutoDesk Revit
- R for Windows (R-Project)
- SPSS Statistics
- SAS Foundation with Enterprise Guide
Users with access to KHW-71B can also use the following applications:
- ANSYS Suite of applications
- Catia V5
Note: Some students may have access to additional applications, depending on the requirements of their courses.