You can change your my.torontomu password through the Self Service option accessed through the my.torontomu portal.
Note: Any my.torontomu password changes affect all online resources accessed with your my.torontomu username including: Google Workspace, your student, faculty or staff Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) website and the Central Computing Labs and resources accessed through the my.torontomu portal.
- Log in to the my.torontomu portal with your my.torontomu user name and password.
- Under the 'Self Service' module, click on Personal Account.
- Under 'Security' section, click on Change Password.
- If you have previously selected your account recovery option in the Self Service Module within the my.torontomu portal, do the following:
- Go to the my.torontomu portal
- Select Can't login?
- Choose Forget your password? then click Change your password using the Account Recovery.
- If you have never setup your account recovery, follow the information below for Students and Faculty/Staff.
An alternate method to get your password changed:
Speak to an Advisor in the KHW71 lab or the IT Help Desk at the iDesk in the Library - 2nd floor, near the entrance. Bring valid photo ID and they will reset your password.
Check Lab Hours to see when help is available.
For Distance Education Students: If you are in a distance course, and cannot come to the Student Computing Help Desk in KHW71 or at the 2nd floor Library Information Commons, please refer to Distance Education Student Support.
Contact the CCS Help Desk. You can also call x6806 if you wish to reset your password over the phone.
For TMU online resources used for administrative purposes such as RUFIS contact the CCS Help Desk to change your password.
Visit the CFAPS section of the website for more information about changing your CFAPS password.