Student Web Account (stw.ryerson.ca)
Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) Student Web Server accounts are available to students who wish to host a website at TMU (stw.ryerson.ca). They have to belong to one of the following groups:
- Full-time TMU day students
- Part-time degree students
- Continuing education students (if a course requires one)
Note: Starting December 22, 2021, you must log in to your Student VPN account before logging in to the stw.ryerson.ca site, every time.
Accounts on the Student Web Server are subject to the same rules, regulations and usage guidelines applied to all user accounts. TMU's main website provides terms of web site policy.
In addition to the usual guidelines, a student's web page must:
- Comply with all ONET regulations
- Not intend to advertise or help operate a private business
- Not present copyrighted material without the author's consent. When possible, copyrighted material should be linked to, not reproduced
- Comply with Discrimination and Harassment Prevention Policy (opens in new window) of the University
- Identify the individual responsible for maintaining the page and give the most recent revision date
Student accounts on STW are allowed a maximum of 300 MB of disk storage. Because of problems with security and resource consumption, students cannot run private CGI programs on stw.ryerson.ca.
For more information on TMU Student Web Servers, view Hosting a Website at TMU .
To get a TMU Web Server account for students, a student must:
- Log in to the my.torontomu portal with your my.torontomu user name and password.
- Under the 'Self Service' module, click on Personal Account.
- Under the 'General' category, click on Manage My Online Resources menu option.
- Click the status checkbox next to STW account and confirm your choice.
- Confirm the status is ON now.
Once the above mentioned steps are taken care of, a student's account is ready to be used only after a few hours.