Reconfiguring email clients to your TMU email address
Users using email clients like Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird or Apple Mail to access or manage university emails will need to create a new profile in their email client using their “@torontomu.ca” email address to begin sending emails through the client.
Instructions for creating a new profile in Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird and Apple Mail are listed below.
11. To set your “@torontomu.ca” profile as your default or to turn off the Choose Profile prompt when opening Outlook, navigate to Choose Profile, select your “@torontomu.ca” account, check the Set as default profile box, uncheck Prompt for a profile to be used and click OK
In Outlook, click on the Tools menu and select Accounts
From the Accounts window, click +(plus sign) at the bottom left of the window and select New Account
3. In the Add Account pop-up window, enter your new “@torontomu.ca” email address
4. You will be prompted to grant Outlook access to your Google account. Click Allow
5. The TMU authentication login screen will appear. Log in using your torontomu username and password
6. After logging in, you will be prompted to open Outlook
7. In Outlook, you will receive a confirmation message that your new account has been added
8. You will now have access to both your “@torontomu.ca” and “@torontomu.ca” inboxes, which will both contain all of your emails. We recommend only using your “@torontomu.ca” email address to send emails moving forward
If you’ve used your original “@torontomu.ca” email address to subscribe to non-TMU or external mailing lists, you can continue to send emails using your “@torontomu.ca” email address if required. To do so, click the down arrow in the From field to open a dropdown menu with both your “@torontomu.ca” and “@torontomu.ca” email addresses as available options.