Microsoft Workplace Discount Program
The Microsoft Workplace Discount Program allows TMU employees (staff and faculty) to buy an annual subscription of Microsoft 365 Family or Microsoft 365 Personal at a discount for use on personal devices.
Please visit the Microsoft Workplace Discount Program (external link) page for more information.
- Sign Up: Visit the Microsoft Home Use Program (external link) page. Enter your TMU email address. Click on the Get Started button.
- Confirm: An email will be sent to your TMU email address inbox with a link that will validate your eligibility for the program. It might take a few minutes.
- Sign In: Once your eligibility is confirmed and you register for the program with your personal Microsoft account (external link) (which is not your TMU email), you can begin the purchase process by viewing the discounts available to you based on your Home Use Program benefit eligibility.
- Shop: Your purchase is processed and completed in the Microsoft Store. You, the eligible employee, can install Microsoft 365 on your personal devices after the purchase is complete. Once you have purchased Microsoft 365 Family, you can share your subscription with up to 5 additional members of your household.
Purchasing Visio and Project through Microsoft Workplace Discount Progam
In order to purchase a discounted subscription for Visio Professional 2019, and/or Project Professional 2019, please go through the eligibility validation process under How to get it and once signed in with your personal Microsoft account, go to the “Other Office products” to purchase these products. If you do not see expected discounts applied, please contact your employer’s Microsoft Discount Program administrator to ask about these additional benefits.
- Post purchase and installation FAQ (external link)
- Home Use Program Employee FAQ (external link)
- Microsoft Support (external link) for help on technical issues, including order status, billing, installing Office, Signing in to Office etc.
Disclaimer: Your personal Microsoft account and the personal purchase process information involved in acquiring the Workplace Discount Program license is between you and Microsoft. Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) is not responsible for maintaining or managing this information.