Mattamy Athletic Centre and In-Person Programs to reopen November 14
We are very pleased to announce the reopening of the Mattamy Athletic Centre and the restart of various programs this Saturday, November 14.
The MAC reopens under the 'Red - Control' level of the new (PDF file) Ontario COVID-19 Response Framework (external link) , bringing several new requirements of operators and participants at recreational facilities. Please see below for important updates on programs and services before making your next reservation.
During our initial reopening and restarting of programs from August 10 to October 9, there was no recorded transmission of any infections within our facilities or operations. The safety of our students, members and staff remains our top priority, and we will continue to work with our partners in Public Health, the Ontario government and City of Toronto to ensure we are in compliance with all safety directives and guidelines. Should Toronto move into a different level of the framework, we will adjust capacities and operations accordingly.
Whether rejoining us in-person at Ryerson, taking part online or in your neighbourhood, we're committed to ensuring you can feel, think and be your best - safely - and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
#StayActive #StayWell #MoveEverywhere
Highlights of Key Changes & Reminders
MAC Fitness Centre
- New Capacity Restrictions: The MAC Fitness Centre will be limited to 10 users per time slot.
- Reservation Entry/Exit Time:
- Entry: Students/members may enter the facility up to 20 minutes before the end of their reserved booking.
- Exit: Students/members must exit the front door of the facility prior to the end of their time slot. Please plan your workout/locker use accordingly and be prompt when directed by staff to leave.
- Equipment Layout Changes: The new restrictions require minimum 3 metres between users and equipment. We had previously exceeded the 2 metre requirement, so, while there will be changes to our equipment layout, the majority of equipment remains available for use.
- New Hours, Workout Times: Moving forward, the first weekday reservation is now 7:00am, up from 8:00am, and the first and last slot of each weekday will be 90 minutes long, along with all weekend slots. All others reservation times remain 75 minutes in length.
- Locker Room Access: Knowing you may have cold-weather gear and otherwise to store, we're making the larger day lockers in the MAC changerooms available for use. Lockers must be cleared before leaving for the day and will be cleaned between each time slot. To ensure physical distancing, occupancy in the locker rooms is limited - please be as efficient as possible and leave time in your workout plans to wait your turn.
Make your reservation now - and remember: One per person per day, and please cancel it if you can't make it.
Drop-in basketball returns to the MAC with a new schedule starting Saturday, November 14. Each basketball net remains reserved for individual use. As with the fitness centre, students/members are now expected to maintain minimum 3 metres physical distance between each other. Check the new schedule and reserve your slot!
Neighbourhood Movement Meetups
Meetups return to a park near you starting this Sunday, November 15. Check the schedule, complete the program waiver, and join us for a chance to get active and connect with your community, outside and physically distanced. Learn more...
MOVE Everywhere Online
Our many live and ondemand offerings remain available, always! If you haven't joined us online yet, make this the day you do! Learn more...
Physical Distancing: Students/members are now required to maintain minimum:
- 3 metres physical distance from one another and staff in physical activity spaces. Our equipment layout and offerings have shifted to accommodate the change.
- 2 metres physical distance from one another and staff in non-activity spaces.
Mask Requirements: Mask requirements have not changed - here's some helpful tips:
- Mask-wearing upon entry and in line-ups: Please keep us all safe by having your mask on before entering the building, and please no food or drink in lines - just masks.
- Mayo Clinic Health System FAQ on wearing a mask while exercising (external link)
Limit of one reservation per day
We have a limit of one reservation per day per person to ensure as many students as possible can benefit from active well-being. Attempting to book multiple reservations per day may result in suspension of booking privileges.
Can't make your reservation...? Cancel it!
While we'll always encourage you to make active well-being a priority, if you ever can't make a reservation, we'll understand - just make sure you cancel it in advance so someone else can take advantage.
With a limited capactity per slot, if you miss a reservation without cancelling, we'll notify you and may remove any of your already-booked future reservations, just so you and we are sure you'll be able to make your next one.
While we have provided multiple opportunities to collect personal items from lockers across the last 8 months, we know many of you have not been able or wanting to collect your personal items/belongings until now.
If you are yet to collect your items, please complete the Locker Contents Retrieval Consent form (external link) by November 30, 2020, to initiate the curbside pick-up process. The form provides your consent to Ryerson University Athletics & Recreation staff to retrieve your personal items/belongings from your RAC and/or MAC locker(s).
When our facilities reopen, our customer service team will reach out via email to arrange curbside pick-up of your locker contents.
Any locker contents left uncollected after January 15, 2021 will be donated. Donation date will be extended should developments around COVID-19 limit our ability to offer adequate curbside pick-up prior.