Spoke Gives Back Membership Award
To recognize excellence in original research and writing in relation to journalistic pursuits.
The purpose of Spoke Gives Back is to connect emerging artists, scholars and researchers with established leaders within the creative marketplace. In accordance with The Spoke Club’s mandate to nurture and support young creative types, award winners must be between the ages of nineteen years old and thirty years old at the time of receiving the award.
This award is a 12-month Membership to The Spoke Club, beginning in mid November, concluding in November 2020. The specific start and end dates may change depending on when the award winner is chosen. The Spoke Club is a private members club located at 600 King Street West. This award has a value of $1,500.
How to Apply
To be eligible for this award, students must:
- Have completed all course work associated with the Master of Journalism program, have a clear academic standing and have applied to graduate;
- Be between the ages of 19 and 30 upon receiving the award;
- Residing within the GTA as memberships are non-transferable;
- Submit a 150-word biography suitable for citation (to be shared with The Spoke Club)
- Submit a letter of intent describing the student’s academic background and their suitability for the award.
Note: Previous Fall graduates are also eligible to apply.