5. a. To mark the assignment, click on the appropriate level for each criteria. Please be sure to click on the level; using it as a slider will not register a graded value.
b. Assigned points will appear directly below each criterion, and will be totalled in the “Overall Grade” box. While you can manually edit this score, please be aware that if you do this, the score for the assessment will not match the rubric. If the rubric is visible to the student, this will raise questions.
c. If you wish to award a score that is between two levels, you must first click to choose one of the levels, then click on the numeric score below to edit the score.
6. You may now provide written comments in the Feedback box, if you wish. You can also upload a file with feedback, or record audio feedback, if desired.
D2L recommends including feedback here, rather than in the rubric, as this will be easier for the student to see.
7. In the Score field, you will now see the assigned grade for this assignment, which has transferred from the scored rubric.
While you can manually edit this score, please be aware that if you do this, the score for the assessment will not match the rubric. If the rubric is visible to the student, this will raise questions.
8. Feedback can also be provided as an uploaded file, or as audio or video recorded directly into the platform.
9. When all feedback has been provided, including a score for every criteria in the rubric, click at the bottom of the page to Publish to push grades and feedback to the gradebook or Save Draft to keep working without publishing the grades (will need to be published later)
When publishing, if you have not scored all criteria, it will be noted in a pop-up. If you have scored all levels and receive this message, select Continue Grading and review to ensure that each criterion contains a checkmark, or you can choose to delete your partial grading progress.
10. To proceed to the next student, click on the right-facing arrow, located in the lower-right corner of the page.
Or you may click on Back to Submissions to return to the main page to view this assignment's list of submissions.