Grades: Find your grades, progress and feedback
D2L Brightspace has a number of tools that contain information about assessments you have taken, tasks you have completed, grades you have achieved and associated feedback.
Some of this can be accessed in the tool associated with that activity (Grades, Assignments, Quizzes, for example), but much of it is collected in the Progress tool, which can be a great way for students to see an overview of their course contributions and feedback.
Here, we will outline a number of ways you can review your progress in a Brightspace course.
Please note that it is up to your instructor to determine how and when to release grades and feedback - check with them if you aren't sure whether they have been posted for the class yet!
Find Groups in the top menu, under Communication.
To view your grades, click on Grades in the navbar. If the instructor wishes to provide interim marks in a course, you’ll find them listed here. If you do not see this tool here, the Instructor may have disabled it.
Only grades that your instructor has made available will appear here. Assignment or quiz grades may also be viewed in the Assignments, Quizzes or Progress pages.
You will also find links to feedback or rubric information on this page, if your instructor has decided to make that information available to students.
If you expect, but do not see grades or feedback here, please contact your instructor.
Please note that final grades are not permitted in the LMS, and can only be viewed in MyServiceHub (formerly RAMSS).
View Markup® comments
If your instructor enables Turnitin Feedback Studio on your assignment, you can follow these instructions to view any comments that they have included while grading your work.
- In the navbar of your course, click Assessment and select Assignments.
- Look for the name of your assignment. To the right of the name, click on the View link to see feedback.
- On this page, you can see your grade, the feedback date, and submission feedback. If you wish to view Turnitin Feedback Studio comments, click on the icon to the right of the file name.
Your instructor may set one or more grades to be automatically dropped in the gradebook.
- you may complete 8 quizzes, and the lowest grade is dropped
- you may submit 10 reflection papers, and the 2 lowest and 2 highest papers are dropped
The "dropped" grades will be excluded from all further grade calculations and, as such, will not be a part of your final grade.
Brightspace will indicate which grades are dropped.