The Ted Rogers School of Management has debuted TRSM International Sport Marketing Spotlight, external link - a series of in-depth interviews with top global sport industry leaders discussing the state of sport marketing and sport business, along with the future challenges and opportunities post-COVID-19.
The innovative experiential global learning curriculum was developed and piloted by Dr. Cheri L. Bradish, Director, Future of Sport Lab and Sport Initiatives at the Ted Rogers School, for the International Sport Marketing program. The series is supported by Ryerson International’s (RI) Experiential Learning Initiatives Fund.
“The TRSM International Sport Marketing Spotlight is another example of Ryerson University’s commitment to ensuring students, faculty and staff have access to global perspectives,” says Emma Wright, Manager, Global Learning and Engagement. “The integration of such an esteemed list of global sport leaders created a unique learning experience that will have a lasting impact on students and the Canadian sport industry.”
Dr. Bradish has been widely applauded for her work in connecting Ryerson University and her students to Canada’s top sport industry leaders – highlighted by the innovative Future of Sport Lab, external link in partnership with Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (MLSE).
In this latest initiative, Dr. Bradish curated the course integration alongside respected sport business leader Chris Shewfelt, Vice President of Operations at MLSE. Together, they developed a 10-part video podcast-like series that brought global leaders from all parts of the sport landscape to discuss a broad range of industry topics from an international lens.
“The online learning scenario allowed us to think bigger about how we could bring industry leadership to the students,” said Shewfelt. “We were able to use our network and connections to introduce the students to colleagues and organizations that would not have been able to happen in person.”
TRSM International Sport Marketing Spotlight guests include:
- Stacey Allaster – Chief Executive Professional Tennis, United States Tennis Association (USTA)
- Andrew Oosterhuis - Vice President Marketing, Labatt Breweries of Canada
- Russell Sargeant - Vice President, NBC Sports Strategy and Sponsorship at NBCUniversal Media
- Kathryn Carter - Chief Executive Officer, US Olympic and Paralympic Committee; CRO LA28
- Chad Biagini - President, Nolan Partners
- Alyson Walker - Chief Commercial Officer, OverActive Media Group
- Justin Morrow - American Professional Soccer Player, Toronto FC
- Diego Moratorio - General Manager, Major League Soccer (MLS) Canada
- Timm Jäger - Chief Executive Officer, EintrachtTech
- Dave Hopkinson - Executive Vice President MSG (Madison Square Garden) Sports, President Team Business Operations
In addition to the 10-part series, the series also includes the special “Women in Sport Business” panel that Dr. Bradish hosted in advance of TSN’s first-ever all-female NBA Broadcast.
"It's important to look beyond our borders as the sport industry navigates the lasting impact of COVID-19,” said Dr. Bradish. “We are thrilled to have such an esteemed list of sport industry leaders ‘visit’ with our students and share their insights. The discussions provided a rare window into the sport industry’s C-Suite and how organizations are managing their marketing efforts in the ever-changing sport industry landscape.”
The 10-part series has been shared across the Future of Sport Lab network and is available to all on the Ted Rogers School of Management YouTube channel, external link.