Requirements for mature students
You may be admissible under our general requirements if:
- You have a secondary school diploma
- You have six Ontario Grade 12 U/M courses (or the equivalent) with an overall average of 70%+
- You have completed prerequisite courses with the required grades
If the above requirements do not apply, you may be admissible if:
- You’re at least 21 years of age by December 31 of the year in which you will begin your studies
- You’ve been away from formal education for at least two years
- You’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or are sponsored by a Canadian government agency
- You’ve completed the subject requirements for the programs and achieved the required grades (typically 70% or higher)
You may be required to present grades above the minimum requirements. To determine the admission average, grades in subject requirements will be averaged. The competitive average required for admission varies by program.
How to apply
Follow the standard how to apply to TMU process then submit the TMU supplementary form and tell us why you have chosen the programs. Please also discuss your career ambitions, goals and your past work experience.
Keep in mind that your complete academic history will be considered during the selection process. If you’ve attended university or college, find out more on the university and college transfer students page.
Need to upgrade?
- Your local board of education may offer Grade 12 U/M courses for mature students. For opportunities in Toronto, visit the Toronto District School Board (external link) .
- High school credit courses are also available through the Independent Learning Centre (external link) .
If you have experienced a barrier to post-secondary education, you may be interested in the Transition Foundations Program.