Ontario secondary school students
- Completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- Six (6) Grade 12 U or M courses with a minimum overall average of 70%
- Completion of the prerequisite subjects (the grades required in these subjects are normally in the 65-75% range)
Visit the program pages for details about the prerequisite subjects, the overall averages required last year and submission instructions for non-academic requirements (if applicable).
Grades required for admission are determined by competition each year. Possession of the minimum requirements doesn’t guarantee admission. Admission consideration is based on the information available at the time of application review. TMU may issue alternate Offers of Admission for some programs. Applicants are notified of alternate offers via the ChooseTMU Applicant Portal.
Grade 11 results may be used in the early admission process. Offers will stipulate Grade 12 final results that must be achieved.
- TMU allows the mixing of U and M courses as applicable.
- Equivalent or comparable courses will not be double-counted.
- The "out of school" component of Grade 12 U or M co-op courses is not acceptable for admission or scholarship consideration.
- The overall average is calculated using marks in the best six Grade 12 U or M courses, which may include repeated or upgraded course marks.
- The overall average may or may not include the prerequisite courses.
- Grade 12 U English is required for all programs. The preferred English for all programs is ENG4U/EAE4U. This is the required English course for Journalism, Media Production and Sport Media.
- English as a Second Language courses and English language proficiency tests cannot be used as substitutes for Grade 12 U English.
- If you are completing International Baccalaureate (IB) courses or Advanced Placement (AP) exams, you may be eligible for transfer credits (see Advanced Secondary and CEGEP courses).
The Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) (external link, opens in new window) has a deadline in January for applications. TMU will continue to accept applications for equal consideration until February 1. Many programs will continue to accept applications after this date. Check the programs accepting applications page.
You must complete your admission requirements by June 30 unless otherwise stated in your Offer of Admission. To request permission to complete your requirements after June 30, submit a summer school extension request form.