How to apply
Welcome to Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU)! Follow the steps on this page to see what you need to apply to TMU.
Pick your programs
Explore our list of 60+ programs from a range of fields.
Check your requirements
Find out what you need to get into your program of choice.
Check application dates
Keep important dates in mind to make sure you don't miss out!
Discover which programs are still open
Before you apply, make sure your program is still accepting applications.
Ready to become a TMU student?
Step 1: Submit your application
There are a few options. Visit the applications and related forms page to determine which form is right for you.
Step 2: Activate your online identity
- After you submit your application, TMU will send you an acknowledgment email. Follow the link in the email to activate your TMU online identity and access your ChooseTMU Applicant Portal.
- ChooseTMU is where you can review your application status and find letters from us, including your Offer of Admission.
Step 4: Check your application status
- Regularly check your ChooseTMU Applicant Portal for important updates and communications from us.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contact list and check your spam folder to ensure you don't miss critical communications from us.
- Visit the after applying page to review your next steps and responsibilities.
You'll have access to your ChooseTMU Applicant Portal until late September. At that time, your ChooseTMU Applicant Portal will close and your communications will be available through MyServiceHub.
TMU reserves the right to terminate the application process without notice and to amend information presented as necessary at any time. In particular, TMU reserves the right to withdraw or change academic program offerings and admission requirements at any time. While every effort is made to ensure accuracy on this site, in the event of a discrepancy, TMU's current Undergraduate Calendar is the official reference document.
- The supplementary form is not available for current Ontario secondary school students. For all other applicants, use this form to tell us about your academic history and any circumstances that have affected your academic performance.