You’ve taken a big leap and applied.
Thank you for your application to a Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) undergraduate program. We think you’ve made a great choice! If you’ve submitted your application, our Admissions team will be in touch via email very soon.
In the meantime, follow the steps below to ensure that your documents are received by TMU and to stay up-to-date on the status of your application.
Step 1: Double-check your application
Did you forget anything?
- Have you listed every post-secondary school where you enrolled in one course or more? This is required regardless of its relevance to your application.
- Did you include a list of all your non-academic activities (e.g. employment, volunteer work, travel, etc.) from year to year? Your list must be from the end of secondary school to your expected start date. This isn't required for current Ontario secondary school students. If there’s a timeframe when you didn’t participate in any activities and didn’t attend school, you must state "no activities."
- Applying for readmission? You must include an outline of your activities since you were last enrolled in your program and submit updated academic transcripts (if applicable).
Need to make changes to your application?
Do you need to make edits to your application, such as changing your program choices or contact information? These changes must be made as soon as possible to avoid missing any deadlines. Here’s how:
- If you applied via the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC), make your changes in your OUAC account (external link, opens in new window) .
- If you applied via the Ontario College Application Centre (OCAS) for the Collaborative Nursing program, make your changes in your OCAS account (external link, opens in new window) .
- All other applicants must complete the TMU change form.
Step 2: Activate your TMU online identity
You need access!
In order to access our secure student information system, activate your TMU online identity by filling in the Activation Form. When asked for your Student/Applicant ID, enter your nine-digit TMU Student Number (located in your application acknowledgement email). Your TMU Online Identity will be activated within 24 hours.
Step 3: Log into your ChooseTMU Applicant Portal
Track your application
Your ChooseTMU Applicant Portal is our primary way of communicating with you, so check your portal often. Track your application status, upload your documents, review your English language proficiency status and read your communications — all in one spot!
Admission communications are date sensitive. If a response is required, be sure to meet the deadlines in your letter.
Step 4: Submit your transcripts and supporting documents
Have you submitted your documents?
We’ve received your application, now we need your supporting documents so that we can begin our assessment.
Here are some pointers:
- Visit the document submission page to to determine what documents are required in support of your application, as well as for submission instructions.
- If you would like to provide information about extenuating circumstances that have negatively impacted your academic performance, we encourage you to submit a special consideration form.
- Applied to a Grades-Plus program? Don’t forget to submit your non-academic material (e.g. portfolio, essay, audition). Visit your program page to learn more about the requirements.
- Not sure if you need to provide an English language proficiency test score? Review your English proficiency result status bar in the ChooseTMU Applicant Portal.
- Applied via OCAS to the Collaborative Nursing program? Review the document submission instructions for Collaborative Nursing applicants.
Remember: Admission decisions are based on the information available when we review your application. Don’t delay - submit your documents today!
Step 5: Maintain your email
Don’t miss out on critical information!
Make sure important and time-sensitive emails aren’t blocked by spam filters. Add email@example.com to your email contact list to ensure you don't miss these emails.
Step 6: Plan your finances
Discover scholarships, awards, bursaries and financial assistance!
We know that finances are top of mind as you navigate the road to post-secondary education. We invite you to explore the many options that are available to help you on your journey. If you’re admitted and enrolled in courses at TMU, you’re eligible for financial assistance and various scholarships, awards and bursaries. As an applicant, AwardSpring (external link, opens in new window) lets you to view and apply for all awards available at the university in one convenient spot.
Applicants to the Centennial or George Brown College site of the Collaborative Nursing degree program are only eligible for scholarships and awards administered by the colleges.
We know it’s hard to wait!
Admission decisions are released on an ongoing basis, with the majority communicated to applicants between February and late-May. Please visit the fall admission decision release dates page for more information.