You’ve taken a big leap and applied.
Thank you for your application to a TMU undergraduate program. We think you’ve made a great choice! If you’ve hit the “submit” button, our Admissions team will be in touch soon via email to acknowledge your application.
In the meantime, we encourage you to follow the steps below to ensure that your supporting documentation is received by TMU and to stay up-to-date on the status of your application.
Step 1: Double-Check Your Application
Did you forget anything?
- Have you listed every post-secondary school where you were registered for one course or more (regardless of its relevance to your application)?
- Did you include a list of all non-academic activities (e.g. employment, volunteer work, travel, etc.) from year to year, from the end of secondary school to your expected start date (not required for OUAC 101 applicants)? If there is a timeframe when you did not participate in any activities and did not attend school, you must indicate "no activities."
- Applying for readmission? You must include an outline of your activities since last enrolled in your program and submit updated academic transcripts, as applicable.
Need to make changes to your application?
Do you need to make changes (e.g. program choice) or personal information (e.g. email/postal address/telephone)? These changes must be made as soon as possible to avoid missing key and date-sensitive information. Here’s how:
- If you applied via the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC), amend via the OUAC, external link, opens in new window.
- If you applied via the Ontario College Application Centre (OCAS) for the Collaborative Nursing program, amend via OCAS, external link, opens in new window.
- All other applicants must complete the PDF fileTMU Change Form.
Step 2: Activate Your TMU Online Identity
You need access!
In order to access our secure student information system, fill in the Activation Form to activate your TMU Online Identity. When asked for your Student/Applicant ID, enter your nine-digit TMU Student Number (located in your application acknowledgement email). Your TMU Online Identity will be activated within 24 hours.
Step 3: Log into Your ChooseTMU Applicant Portal
Your ChooseTMU Applicant Portal is our primary way of communicating with you, so check your portal often. Track your application status, upload your documents, review your English language proficiency status and read your communications - all in one spot.
Step 4: Submit Your Transcripts and Supporting Documents
Have you submitted your documents?
We’ve received your application, now we need your supporting documents so that we can begin our assessment.
Here are some pointers:
- Visit Document Submission to determine what documents are required in support of your application, as well as for submission instructions.
- If you would like to provide information about extenuating circumstances that have negatively impacted your academic performance, we encourage you to submit a Special Consideration form.
- Applied to a Grades-Plus program? Don’t forget to submit your non-academic material (e.g. portfolio, essay, audition). Visit the program page to learn more about the requirements.
- Not sure if you need to provide an English language proficiency test score? Review your English proficiency result status bar in the ChooseTMU Applicant Portal.
- Applied via OCAS to the Collaborative Nursing program? All documents must be submitted via OCAS (with the exception of the Collaborative Nursing Supplementary Form).
Remember: Admission decisions are based on the information available when we review your application. Don’t delay - submit your documents today!
Step 5: Maintain Your Email
Don’t miss out on critical information!
Prevent important and time-sensitive email communications from being blocked by maintaining a personal, unique email account and editing/updating your spam filters. Add email@example.com to your email contact list to ensure you do not miss these emails.
Step 6: Plan Your Finances
Discover scholarships, awards, bursaries and financial assistance!
We know that finances are top of mind as you navigate the road to post-secondary education. We invite you to explore the many options that are available to help you on your journey. If you are admitted and you are enrolled in courses at TMU, you are eligible for guaranteed and renewable entrance scholarships, awards, bursaries and financial assistance. As an applicant, AwardSpring, external link, opens in new window enables you to view and apply for all awards available at the university in one convenient spot.
If you are admitted to the Collaborative Nursing program and you enrol in courses at Centennial College or George Brown College, you are eligible to apply for scholarships and awards offered at the colleges, as well as other forms of financial assistance for Nursing students.
Step 7: Monitor Your Application
Keep an eye on your application.
Check your ChooseTMU Applicant Portal regularly! Admission communications are date sensitive. If a response is required, be sure to meet the deadline.
We know it’s hard to wait!
Admission decisions are released on an ongoing basis, with the majority communicated to applicants between February and late-May. Please visit the Fall Admission Decision Release Dates page for more information.