If you've been homeschooled, we encourage you to apply. Use the Ontario Universities' Application Centre (OUAC) (external link, opens in new window) application and identify yourself as a homeschooled student on the TMU supplementary form. Be sure to check if your program has non-academic requirements.
We do not provide individual educational assessments for homeschooled applicants. An overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission. Programs may establish higher averages due to competition.
Requirements for homeschooled students
- Six Grade 12 U/M courses and the subject requirements with required marks for the program.
- The courses must be completed at an Ontario Ministry of Education registered and inspected secondary school, in person or online, provided the school offers credits towards the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
- TMU doesn’t require completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) from homeschooled applicants. Indicate on the TMU supplementary form that you've been homeschooled up to Grade 12.
- The Grade 12 requirements, including the required subjects, from your province. Select your province from the Canadian secondary school students page.
- Grade 12 courses must be completed at a ministry-recognized secondary school.
- TMU doesn’t require completion of the provincial diploma if you’ve been homeschooled. Indicate on the TMU supplementary form that you’ve been homeschooled up to Grade 12.
- TMU will also consider the final results in:
- Advanced Placement (AP) examinations
- The International/General Certificate of Secondary Education/Ordinary Level subjects (IGCSE/GCSE/O Levels)
- The General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Subsidiary (AS) and Advanced (A) Level subjects
- We don’t have minimum SAT or ACT score requirements, but a strong performance on a standardized test can strengthen an application from a homeschooled student.