Receiving an Offer
Below is the priority system used to determine the order that students are offered a space in residence:
Residence Application Priorities
- 1st year students
- Farthest distance from Toronto Met
If there are more applicants than there are available spaces in residence, students will be placed on the waiting list in order of their priority.
Offers are sent every week or two weeks from the first round during the summer. After summer offers, weekly offers throughout the school year will be made to students on the waiting list as spaces become available.
Students will only receive one residence offer per residence application.
The offer will contain:
- Room type
- Fees payment schedule
- How to accept your offer instructions
- Housing & Residence Life Community Standards
When you move into residence you will find out your specific room number.
If an individual(s) in a roommate group receives an offer in a later round, we will try to fulfill the roommate group if possible before Move-In Day.
I no longer want a place in residence or I wish to cancel my application
We understand that sometimes a situation may arise where a student may need to cancel their application to residence.
1. If you have already been emailed an offer and choose to decline it, you can do so by logging on to eRez (external link, opens in new window) and choosing decline.
2. To cancel an application that has not yet received an offer, please log onto your eRez account (external link, opens in new window) and cancel/withdraw your application. You can only do this by the initial application deadline. After this deadline, you will need to email email@example.com with your full name and student number, letting us know you wish to cancel.
Please note: In both scenarios, the $50 application fee is a non-refundable fee for cancellations.
If you are unsure about whether or not you will attend Toronto Met, we would encourage you to submit your residence application only when you are certain you will attend. Our initial application deadline typically matches the admission offer deadline to allow you enough time to get your residence application in. All residence applications received by the initial application deadline will be reviewed under our priority system.
I don’t like the room type I was offered
We prioritize finding you a space in residence and then try to match your room preferences if possible. We can only make one offer per residence application; if you chose to decline it and reapply with different room preferences you will be placed at the bottom of the waiting list and will not be refunded the $50 application fee.
My offer to Toronto Met was revoked
As long as a student emails firstname.lastname@example.org within five (5) business days of being notified of their revoked status by Toronto Met, the residence offer will be cancelled and any fees, except the non-refundable $50 application fee, will be refunded.