Have an early class, a weekend exam or a late-night project? TMU's Commuter Hostel offers commuter students a short-term accommodation on-campus in support of their academic success.
Due to unforeseen circumstances staff/faculty Commuter Hostel bookings are paused at this time. Student bookings remain open. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We will update the community when we are accepting staff/faculty bookings in the future.
- Commuter Hostel is open for student bookings
- Dates fill up quickly. You can choose to be added to the waitlist when submitting your booking request.
- Booking requests can only be requested up to a month each time, refer to booking schedule below to plan accordingly. Guests can stay a maximum of 3 nights in a row, 9 nights total in a month.
January Bookings (Jan 15-31)
FIRST NIGHT OF STAY: January 15
Form Opens at 12pm on January 9
February Bookings (Feb 1-29)
CLOSED: February 19 (no check in’s)
Form Opens at 12pm on January 23
March Bookings (Mar 1-31)
Form Opens at 12pm on February 13
April Bookings (Apr 1-25)
LAST NIGHT OF STAY: April 25
Form Opens at 12pm on March 19
|Booking schedule subject to change
- The booking request form will be available at the bottom of this page under "Booking Requests" when the Commuter Hostel is accepting booking requests
- Please read over all policies and information listed here prior to submitting a booking request
- Booking requests are not confirmed bookings.
- If a night is listed as fully booked, you can submit a request to be on the waitlist. You will receive a waitlist email from us and will be contacted if a space becomes available.
- Your request will be processed and replied to before the intended arrival date.
- Our standard response time is within 48 business hours. Our office is closed on the weekends and on statutory holidays. There will be delays during the end of each month due to high volume of submitted applications.
- Commuter Hostel is open to current TMU students only.
- All guests must check-in with their OneCard or government-issued photo ID.
- Booking requests must be made at least 48 hours in advance of intended check-in date.
- Saturday to Monday night booking requests must be made by 3pm of the previous Thursday.
- The hostel is available 7 days a week.
- Guests can stay a maximum of 3 nights in a row, 9 nights total in a month.
- Requests will only be accepted if bookings are within the posted bookable date.
- Not a current TMU student or looking for a longer stay? Check out temporary accommodations near TMU.
- One person: $35 nightly, no taxes.
- Two people: $45 nightly, no taxes.
- Payment made via MyServiceHub.
- All guests must be familiar with and agree to abide by our (google doc) Community Standards (external link, opens in new window) and the policies outlined in our (google doc) Contract (external link, opens in new window) as well as on this page. Submitting a booking request indicates that you have read and agree to our policies. Failure to comply can result in eviction, fees, and/or banning from future Commuter Hostel bookings.
- Commuter Hostel is located:
- TMU's International Living/Learning Center (ILC) Residence at 240 Jarvis St.
- Check-in between 4pm-midnight; check-out by 11am.
- ILC: Residence Service Desk on the ground floor
- Use the intercom to access the residence
- No early check-in or late check-out.
- Guests will receive their key at check-in. Guests are expected to show and carry their OneCard at all times to access the residence during their stay. Guests must return key to the ILC front desk at check-out.
- Students staying in Commuter Hostel are not permitted to have daytime or overnight visitors. Commuter Hostel student guests found having visitors will be required to leave immediately with their visitors and will be banned from making future Commuter Hostel bookings.
- ILC Rooms include: a double sized bed with linens and an en-suite bathroom plus towels and basic toiletries.
- WiFi available in room. Use your TMU credentials for login.
- Parking or luggage storage are not available.
- Doors do not lock behind them; guests must lock door upon entry and exit.
- If you experience any issues during your stay, please visit the ILC Service Desk or call 416-979-5000 x 557700.
- Hungry during your stay? Check out the ILC Mutual St Eatery for cafeteria options.
- All bookings must be cancelled in writing to email@example.com by 4:00pm at least 1 business day prior to the scheduled arrival date, otherwise the booking will be charged for no-show. Cancellations for Saturday-Monday bookings must be made by the previous Friday at 4:00pm.
- All modifications must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm at least 1 business day prior to the scheduled arrival date. A booking charge may apply if the modification is requested within 24 hours of scheduled arrival date. Modifications for Saturday-Monday bookings must be made by the previous Friday at 4:00pm.
Booking Request Forms: Online booking requests only.
Before submitting requests:
You must first read over all information above, and be logged into your My Toronto Met Account to access either form. You may need to use a private browsing window (e.g. Chrome's Incognito mode) if you still cannot access the form.