In April 2022, Ryerson University changed its name to Toronto Metropolitan University, which will be implemented in a phased approach. You will see the Ryerson name across campus, online and in our official communications for a period of time. Learn more about our next chapter.
Scholarships and Awards
Undergraduate, Graduate and Continuing Education Students
As of Wednesday, May 25, 2022, the website for Toronto Metropolitan University's award management system, AwardSpring, will be torontomu.awardspring.ca, external link, opens in new window. Please update your bookmarks, as the previous URL will not be redirected.
The Student Awards and Scholarships office aims to help Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) students and staff with the Scholarship and Awards application process.
We play a central role in the establishment, set-up, promotion, and application process for all current student awards and liaise with program departments regarding their awards applications, assessment, selection processes and for planning and executing a variety of awards events.
During the 2020/2021 school year, $20 million in continuing education, undergraduate and select university-wide graduate awards were administered to over 25,000 students!
Featured External Loan and Scholarship Opportunities
Wize College & University Scholarship
For students in an undergraduate, diploma (or equivalent) program who are currently enrolled in an American or Canadian college or university. International and distance students are also eligible.
Deadline to Apply: June 30, 2022
The Leaside Garden Society Founders' Scholarship
For full-time students who are Canadian residents enrolled in a horticulture-related program (e.g. botany, ecology, environmental science, forestry, horticulture, landscape architecture, plant science).
Deadline to Apply: June 30, 2022
MPOWER Scholarships for International Students
For international students accepted to or enrolled in a full-time degree program at an American or Canadian school that MPOWER supports. Applicants must be legally allowed to study in America or Canada.
Amount: $1,000 - $10,000
Deadline to Apply: July 15, 2022
Federation of Chinese Canadian Professionals (FCCP) Interest-Free Student Loans
For students currently enrolled full-time in any university or post-secondary institution in Ontario leading to a degree or diploma.
Amount: Up to $3,000
Deadline to Apply: July 31, 2022
Strong Mothers Achieving Remarkable Triumph (S.M.A.R.T.) Scholarship
For single mothers pursuing post-secondary education who have not been previously awarded the S.M.A.R.T. Scholarship. Applicants must be registered with Single Women in Motherhood (S.W.I.M.), which can be done by completing the scholarship application form.
Amount: Three awards of $1,500 each
Deadline to Apply: September 1, 2022
Instant Record Check Scholarship
For students 18 years of age or older, who are currently enrolled in or accepted to a full-time undergraduate or graduate program in an accredited Canadian university, college or school. Applicants must be a legal resident of Canada or hold a valid student visa.
Deadline to Apply: December 31, 2022
The Student Awards and Scholarships office is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free application process to students with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform the Student Awards and Scholarships office via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For new donors who wish to establish a new student award fund, please contact Tonya Wray, Associate Director of Development, Leadership Giving & Student Awards, University Advancement at email@example.com.
- Ryerson University collects and uses your personal information to support decisions relating to scholarship, award, bursary eligibility and eligibility for government or other Ryerson University financial assistance programs. We may need to disclose your personal information to limited third parties in order to assist you with financial assistance. For example, we may need to disclose your personal information to government funding agencies to process financial assistance applications, financial institutions to confirm student enrolment and to independent student loan administration companies to process student loan documents. In addition, we may also share some information about award recipients with donors of our awards or may use limited information about you to promote good news in departmental brochures, newsletters or other forms of media. Other than as set out herein, we will not disclose your personal information unless we obtain your prior written consent or unless required by law.
- If you have questions about the collection, use and disclosure of student information by Ryerson, please contact:
- Secretary to the University Registrar, Office of the Registrar, Ryerson University, 350 Victoria Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5B 2K3 or by phone at 416-979-5100
The availability and monetary value of all awards, bursaries and scholarships are subject to change. The Student Awards and Scholarships Office reserves the right to change the listed award, scholarship or bursary information and/or value without notice. Toronto Metropolitan University's awards, scholarships and bursaries are not transferable to other postsecondary institutions.
Awards Subject to Cancellation: Students that withdraw, reduce their course load, alter their program of study, experience a decline in grades or no longer meet other scholarship eligibility/requirements may have to forfeit all or part of their award. The decision will be made by the Student Awards and Scholarships Office and will be based on the terms of the award, circumstances leading to the student becoming ineligible and educational costs incurred already. A cancelled award will be a charge against the student's University customer/fee account.
- Fall 2021 Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Fall 2020 Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- PDF fileFall 2019 Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- PDF fileFall 2018 Scholarship Terms and Conditions
For the latest Scholarship Terms and Conditions, please see the Entrance Scholarships page.