Scholarships and Awards
Undergraduate, Graduate and Continuing Education Students
The 2022-2023 AwardSpring Application (external link, opens in new window) is now open! Complete the general application now so you don't miss your chance to apply for any of the 1400+ awards, scholarships and bursary opportunities available to you!
The Student Awards and Scholarships office aims to help Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) students and staff with the Scholarship and Awards application process.
We play a central role in the establishment, set-up, promotion, and application process for all current student awards and liaise with program departments regarding their awards applications, assessment, selection processes and for planning and executing a variety of awards events.
During the 2021/2022 school year, over $20 million in continuing education, undergraduate and select university-wide graduate awards were administered to over 25,000 students!
Featured External Scholarship Opportunities
Boom & Bucket's Student Scholarship Program
Boom & Bucket is offering a scholarship of $1,000 to be awarded each year to a student pursuing a heavy machinery themed program. This scholarship is available to both currently enrolled students and future students who are planning to attend a program within the next 12 months. The program can be at a college or a trade school anywhere in the United States or Canada. The winning scholarship will be paid directly to the school as a tuition payment.
Amount: $1,000 x 1
Deadline to Apply: July 15, 2023
Bill 7 Award 2023
The Bill 7 Award is a registered charitable trust that awards scholarships to gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans, two-spirited and queer students who are in financial need and studying at any post-secondary institution in Ontario to attain their first degree or diploma.
- $4000 CAD x 19
Deadline to Apply: August 4, 2023
Savvy New Canadians Financial Literacy Scholarship 2023
Enoch Media Inc., through its SavvyNewCanadians.com platform, is launching a scholarship for the purpose of increasing and improving financial literacy and awareness among students in Canada.
- $1000 CAD x 2
Deadline to Apply: September 30, 2023
The Student Awards and Scholarships office is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free application process to students with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform the Student Awards and Scholarships office via email@example.com.
If you are a Dragon Dictation software user, please refer to our guide on using Dragon Dictation with AwardSpring.
For new donors who wish to establish a new student award fund, please contact Tonya Wray, Associate Director of Development, Leadership Giving & Student Awards, University Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ryerson University collects and uses your personal information to support decisions relating to scholarship, award, bursary eligibility and eligibility for government or other Ryerson University financial assistance programs. We may need to disclose your personal information to limited third parties in order to assist you with financial assistance. For example, we may need to disclose your personal information to government funding agencies to process financial assistance applications, financial institutions to confirm student enrolment and to independent student loan administration companies to process student loan documents. In addition, we may also share some information about award recipients with donors of our awards or may use limited information about you to promote good news in departmental brochures, newsletters or other forms of media. Other than as set out herein, we will not disclose your personal information unless we obtain your prior written consent or unless required by law.
- If you have questions about the collection, use and disclosure of student information by Ryerson, please contact:
- Secretary to the University Registrar, Office of the Registrar, Ryerson University, 350 Victoria Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5B 2K3 or by phone at 416-979-5100
The availability and monetary value of all awards, bursaries and scholarships are subject to change. The Student Awards and Scholarships Office reserves the right to change the listed award, scholarship or bursary information and/or value without notice. Toronto Metropolitan University's awards, scholarships and bursaries are not transferable to other postsecondary institutions.
Awards Subject to Cancellation: Students that withdraw, reduce their course load, alter their program of study, experience a decline in grades or no longer meet other scholarship eligibility/requirements may have to forfeit all or part of their award. The decision will be made by the Student Awards and Scholarships Office and will be based on the terms of the award, circumstances leading to the student becoming ineligible and educational costs incurred already. A cancelled award will be a charge against the student's University customer/fee account.
- Fall 2022 Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Fall 2021 Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Fall 2020 Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- (PDF file) Fall 2019 Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- (PDF file) Fall 2018 Scholarship Terms and Conditions
For the latest Scholarship Terms and Conditions, please see the Entrance Scholarships and Awards page.