About the RO
Who We Are and Services We Offer
The Office of the Registrar (RO) proudly serves the entire Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU), formerly known as Ryerson University, community. Please note, this site is a faculty and administrator resource, designed to assist you in your work with our students.
If you are a TMU student, please visit the Current Students website for details on grades, exams, financial assistance and more.
For general admissions and advising inquiries, please contact the ServiceHub.
The Academic Advising unit is responsible for the creation, implementation and ongoing development of academic advising programming at TMU by:
- Supporting a community of practice for staff and faculty that advise students
- Creating content for monthly emails on advising practices and professional development
- Facilitating monthly meetings on effective academic advising practices
- Preparing programming for an annual advising conference that takes place each spring
- Researching and implementing:
- An academic advising certificate
- A competency framework on academic advising
- Standards and consistency of roles for advising
- Assessment practices for advising
- Student retention projects
This unit and the RO is committed to supporting exceptional experiences for students, and this partnership between the RO and our programs is designed to work towards this goal.
For students seeking advising at TMU:
- Instant answers available online 24/7: Ask ServiceHub, external link, opens in new window
- Questions regarding admissions, fees and financial aid: ServiceHub
- Questions specific to your program of study: Academic Program Administration Contacts
For Academic Advisors:
Business Systems oversees the core systems for the Office of the Registrar, including Oracle Campus Solutions (MyServiceHub), Content 7 (document management), and other systems in support of TMU's eight academic faculties. We provide the RO with project management and leadership for new system implementations, modifications, upgrades and troubleshooting.
Curriculum Advising provides expert advice regarding curricular and academic policies and regulations. In support of student academic progression and graduation, we develop, test and maintain the Academic Advising (SAS) modules, online service tools, and the delivery of TMU’s cohort-based program curriculum through the Academic Advisement Report.
Curriculum Advising liaises with other departments, professional associations, professional regulating bodies, universities and government agencies regarding TMU’s curriculum and graduation eligibility verification.
For more information please visit Curriculum Advising.
Undergraduate Publications provides guidance to the academic community with the preparation of program curricular changes and updates. We maintain and archive all approved curriculum and course changes, and interpret and present the changes into undergraduate calendar format. We publish the Undergraduate Calendar and the Student Guide.
The Examinations unit oversees the operation of administering 48,000 of the 105,000 exams held at TMU. While keeping TMU’s policies and student experience in mind, we:
- Lead a wide range of university-wide initiatives, including communications and technology implementations
- Develop academic integrity policies and practices, risk management and security protocols
- Promote alternative forms of assessment, to support pedagogy and student well-being
- Provide training to invigilators and faculty regarding exam administration best practices
- Plan and coordinates logistics and staffing in large venues
The Marketing and Communications unit are the storytellers for the RO. We produce targeted web, email, video and print initiatives that support the promotional, enrolment and retention targets for the university.
This unit connects and shares relevant information through the Office of the Registrar's official social media platforms.
Student Recruitment develops and leads all Canadian recruitment initiatives for TMU through:
- Online information sessions with faculty and students
- National high school visit programs, education events, tours and fairs
- Open houses, guidance counsellor events and campus tours (both virtually and in-person)
To find further details on the services listed above and more, access Visits and Tours.
- Scott O’Neill, Director, Admissions & National Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Soeun Outh, Assistant Director, Student Recruitment, email@example.com
- Franco Fung, Manager, National Student Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kelly Campbell, Manager, On-Campus Events, Student Recruitment, email@example.com
The ServiceHub provides front-line support and information about Office of the Registrar services, including undergraduate admissions, fees, MyServiceHub support, Chang School enrolment and more. We assist stakeholders including prospective, current and former students, applicants, counsellors and supporters.
For more information and for ways to contact us, please visit the ServiceHub website.
Student Awards and Scholarships aims to help TMU students and staff with the scholarship and awards application process. We are responsible for:
- Establishing all current student awards
- Administering the application process
- Liaising with program departments and University Advancement
- Planning and executing a variety of awards events
To find further details on awards and scholarships available to TMU's current students, please visit Scholarships and Awards.
Student Fees provides the details on the cost of attending TMU, with a comprehensive breakdown of fees by faculty for both domestic and international full-time and part-time undergraduate students.
For further details on the following items, please visit Student Fees:
- Student fees
- Acceptable payment methods
- Residence information and fees
- Tax receipts
Student Financial Assistance aims to build the bridge between financial affordability and options for students to pursue their higher education at TMU. We offer information and access to government financial aid programs (e.g. OSAP, out-of-province student loans, and U.S. student loans) and on-campus jobs (Career Boost).
To find further details on the financial resources listed above or to contact the team, please visit Student Financial Assistance.
The Student Records and Operations Support unit ensures the accuracy and integrity of all academic records in support of the mission of the university. We work closely with academic and administrative departments, students and external agencies, providing accurate record and enrolment data and policy information, while protecting the privacy of students.
Some activities we perform include:
- Process and complete transcript requests
- Process grade changes/revisions/decisions to student academic records
- End of term grading and academic continuance
- Academic grade and standing appeals
- Manage the course intentions process for all full-time undergraduate students
- Process Chang certificate registration
- Manage online enrolment appointments
More information about our services can be found by visiting Current Students.
Undergraduate Admissions processes and assesses more than 80,000 applications annually for admission to TMU's undergraduate degree programs. We strive to:
- Determine and select the most highly qualified and competitive candidates for admission while meeting the university's enrolment targets
- Maintain the highest degree of client service
- Collect, analyze and disseminate admission data to improve functions and policies and also inform and assist stakeholders within and outside of the RO
- Increase the retention of the most highly qualified applicants
- Ensure the integrity and security of all admissions data that is collected and stored in the PeopleSoft system
- Scott O’Neill, Director, Admissions & National Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Luca Vani, Assistant Director, Admissions Integrated Systems, email@example.com
- Erika Danziger, Assistant Director, Admissions Policy, Transfer & Strategic Initiatives, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amanda Tom, Assistant Director, Admissions Operations, email@example.com
Transfer Credits facilitates and manages the transfer credit application process, which entails student applications and faculty evaluation. Given it is an intricate application process, we maintain a comprehensive, program-specific database of transfer credit equivalencies for most Canadian institutions.
For more information please visit Transfer Credits.
The University Registrar and team provide overarching leadership and direction for all RO units. We oversee and/or support the multitude of special projects that fall outside the scope of those unit portfolios, as well as initiatives that intersect many different RO units.
- Robyn Parr, University Registrar, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sean Madden, Director, Finance & Administration, email@example.com
- Ava Kan, Administrative Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dianne Norman, Director, Change Management, email@example.com
- Carly Basian, Continuous Improvement Lead, firstname.lastname@example.org (parental leave)
University Scheduling intricately plans and manages schedules for a number of entities at TMU, which include:
We aim to maximize the learning experience by providing easy access to a range of courses and innovative facilities at TMU through concise scheduling.