Admissions & Applying
Thanks for your interest in studying science at Toronto Metropolitan University. To be considered for admission to any of our three undergraduate programs, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
Ontario Secondary School Applicants
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher prerequisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Advanced Functions (MHF4U)
- Two of Physics (SPH4U), Chemistry (SCH4U) or Biology (SBI4U)
- Note: the minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 65-70% range) will be determined subject to competition
Biology Grade Ranges
Biomedical Grade Ranges
Chemistry Grade Ranges
*Actual minimum grade ranges required for fall 2021 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. Toronto Metropolitan reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.
International Students & All Other Applicants
Applicants who are not applying from an Ontario secondary must meet equivalent or additional requirements (such as proof of English language proficiency). This includes applicants who are:
- applying from another province
- internationally educated
- transferring from another university
- of mature status
- from another applicant classification
Please view these requirements for all other applicants.