You are now in the main content area

In Summer 2023, the Student Guide website will be be made inactive in order to consolidate information and streamline your search results. See the links below for any information you may need. 

Young woman operates a switching board.
Academic Matters

Which courses are required for my program? How do I substitute a course? How many years do I have to finish my degree? Curriculum Advising will help you find the answers you need.

Two students study at a table in the SLC

When do we write exams? I need accommodation support — what should I do? What happens if I miss my exam? The Office of the Registrar has all the information you need to address concerns relating to examinations.

Smiling student in lab coat looks over beakers omitting smoke
Grades, GPA, & Academic Standing

How do I check my grades and GPA? Can I repeat a course? How is my academic standing calculating? Find out more about Grades and Standings on the Current Students site.

Four joyous graduates display their degree parchments
Graduation & Convocation

How do I apply to graduate? What are the graduation requirements? When will my convocation ceremony be? The Applying to Graduate page has the answers you are looking for.

Urban Planning students
Your Student Record

How do I order my transcript? How do I change my personal information? How do I get proof that I have graduated? How do I ask for a special letter? Find information on these questions at Transcripts and Student ID and Personal Info

Professor interacts with students in classroom
Academic Appeals

If conditions arise that may affect your academic performance, it is important for you to understand Academic Accommodations, Academic Considerations and Academic Appeals. The Office of the Ombudsperson also provides guidance on matters of fairness and the application of policies and procedures.

Four students at desks
Learning Experience

What are my classes going to be like? How will I be graded? What happens if I miss a test? When should I buy my textbooks? Where’s the library? Can I get help with research? Find out all you need to get on the right track with Navigate TMU and Student Life and Learning Support.

Many students hang out on the steps inside SLC
Financial Assistance

If you’re looking for information on OSAP and other government financial assistance, scholarships, bursaries, and awards, the Student Financial Assistance (SFA) team and Student Awards and Scholarships Office (SASO) are committed to helping you meet your financial needs during your time here at Toronto Met.

Girl smiling over laptop
Money Matters

How are my fees calculated? How and when do I have to pay? How do I get a refund? What about tax receipts? Here's everything you need to know about Student Fees.

Astounded young woman participates in science demonstration.
Academic Requirements

What courses do I need to complete my program? Learn about Curriculum Requirements and Exceptions, and how to use your personal undergraduate degree Advisement Report to stay on track.

Gloved student holds a petri dish in a crowded laboratory
Transferring Programs or Changing Majors

How do I transfer to another Toronto Met program? The "TMU Students — How to Transfer Programs" tab on the University and College Transfer Students page has information that will help you.

To change your plan or major within your current program, please see How to Change My Plan or Major at MyServiceHub Support.

Students sit at desks in rows writing exams
Adding and Dropping Courses & Withdrawing From a Program

What if I want to drop a course? What happens if I want to take a break from my studies? Or leave the University? Learn more about Course Drops and Program Withdrawals.

Aisle between library bookshelves
Essential Policies

The General Counsel and Secretary of the Board of Governors maintains a comprehensive list of University Administrative Policies and Procedures.

Toronto Met Senate publishes a list of all current Senate Policies on their website.


How do I register for my classes? Can I take a course “not-for-credit”? The Current Students site has answers to your Course Enrolment questions.

Student Services

Student Affairs can guide you to services for all aspects of student life, including academic and career advising, accessibility, health and wellbeing, housing, and financial aid.

Aboriginal Student Services provides specialized services for Aboriginal, Métis, and Inuit students on campus and serves as a place to balance academic learning with traditional teachings and culture. 

Student Life and Learning Support offers a range of services to all students who want to develop their academic skills and study techniques in order to express their intelligence, apply their knowledge, and communicate their ideas.