Do you want to be a mentor?
Technovation Girls mentors:
- support teams of girls through their Technovation Challenge, helping them to
- keep on-track.
- meet deadlines.
- find solutions to problems.
- designate work responsibilities.
- dedicate about 2-3 hours per week throughout the program (January to April) in their role as team project manager.
- may pair up to share the workload and time commitment with their teams.
- are supported through training and networking.
Mentor training and support
After registering as a mentor on the Technovation global site, mentors will have access to special resources to help them support their teams. Even before registering, mentors can check out recordings of Technovation's mentor sessions (external link) from last season. Toronto mentors will also benefit from the local network.
New this season: mentor curriculum guide (external link) on the Technovation global site
We will be holding a mentor orientation and training session at our Toronto 2024 season launch on January 20. Registered mentors will receive details.
Mentor eligibility and registration:
- Mentors must be over the age of 18 and may be of any gender.
- To mentor a team, you must sign up (external link) through Technovation Girls and complete a consent form, provide a short biography and participate in a 30 minute training module which includes basics about the program, student safety and competition requirements.
- To participate in Technovation Girls Toronto, we ask that you comply with a background check to ensure the safety of our young participants. After registering for our Toronto chapter, we will provide more information. SciXchange will cover the costs of the checks.
- Every volunteer should make sure to review Technovation's volunteer code of conduct (external link) .
- Registration for our local GTA chapter is now open! Please use the link below to join us. (step 2)