You are now in the main content area
MBA Sport Business Focus
Tapping into the vibrant energy of Toronto’s sport marketplace and at the centre of the Canadian sport industry, the Ted Rogers MBA offers a Sport Business focus aimed at people who have the heartbeat for sports and the talent for business.
This Sport Business-focused MBA will give students deeper insight into areas such as sport marketing, strategy, media and analytics, and better equip them with the skills most sought by the sport industry.
Students can pursue the MBA with a Sport Business focus on a part-time or full-time basis.
Students in the Sport Business-focused MBA complete the same core courses as other MBA students and are able to take two Sport Business half credit electives and can focus their Capstone Project in Sport Business to develop real world experience in the industry.
|7 Core courses
||6 Half credit electives
||Capstone Project (1 of 3)
- Leading for Performance and Wellbeing
- Managing Customer Value
- Strategy in a Disruptive Marketplace
- Financial Management
- Managing Responsibly
- Business Analytics
- Innovation and Technology Management
- Sport Business Marketing
- Sport Business Strategy
Plus 4 other half credit electives that complement the business skills students are looking to develop
- Management Consulting Skills Project
- International or Canadian Experience
- Entrepreneurial Experience
Our MBA program has the advantage of being located in downtown Toronto, which is home to major sports leagues and leading not-for-profit sports organizations. This is why Toronto has been identified as a leading international sport business city. This offers unique opportunities for students, including connections to industry executives, prominent guest speakers, field visits, real industry data sets and even access to the iconic Maple Leaf Gardens.
Students also have opportunities for experiential learning, including exciting internships and sport business-themed case events.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
Students have access to opportunities through the Future of Sport Lab and Global Experiential Sport Lab.
- The Future of Sport Lab (FSL), external link, a leader in North American sport business education as a collaborative lab and incubator for sport innovation and research, where students can work with a sport start-up.
- The Global Experiential Sport Lab (GXSLab), external link is Canada’s leading sport media lab recognized globally for its intersection between scholarly work and industry practice. They place a distinct emphasis on collaboration between scholars, students, faculty and industry initiatives and experiences, to remain on the cutting edge in the world of connectivity and in the ever-evolving sport media industry.
Ted Rogers MBA Sport Leadership Student Association
Students also have the opportunity to take on leadership roles with the Ted Rogers MBA Sport Leadership Student Association, external link.
The association offers workshops, cases, content, socials and networking, in collaboration with the industry’s enterprising thought-leaders, to present experiential education on how to be successful sport business leaders. Through their work, students have the opportunity to become directly involved in the development, procurement, management and execution of Toronto Met’s top sport business events and immerse themselves within the industry's ecosystem.