Mechatronics Engineering - BEng
Is it for you?
The demand for engineers with knowledge in mechanical, electrical and computer engineering is surging. Be prepared to meet this demand, and create technologically advanced products that make our day-to-day lives safer, smarter and more efficient. You’ll start by focusing on the foundations of engineering science, programming and electric circuit analysis. Then, you’ll gain specialized knowledge in modern control theory, microcontrollers, intelligent systems and robotics.
With a senior capstone design project for an industry partner, an opportunity to enrol in a paid co-op program, and optional specializations in Management Sciences and Engineering Innovation and Entrepreneurship, you’ll graduate with the technical skills and solutions-oriented experience needed to create real-world solutions for employers.
- The Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board will be sought at the time of the first graduating class
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program-specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher prerequisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Advanced Functions (MHF4U)
- Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U)
- Physics (SPH4U)
- Chemistry (SCH4U)
- Note: The grades required in the subject prerequisites (normally 70%) will be determined subject to competition.
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available at:
Tuition and fees 2023-2024
For detailed fees information, visit tuition and fees by program.
Ontario students fees range: $10,666 - $11,267
Out-of-province students fees range: $11,961 - $12,649
International students fees range: $38,340 - $38,584
Here is a preview of first-year courses based on the available undergraduate calendar information.
Common to Aerospace, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical, and Mechatronics Engineering programs.
One course from Table A - Lower Level Liberal Studies.
* This course is graded on a pass/fail basis.
Common to Industrial, Mechanical, and Mechatronics Engineering programs.
Combine your expertise and experience and make an impact in fields such as:
- Chemical processing
- Graduate studies (MEng, MASc, PhD) in mechatronics engineering or other engineering disciplines
Explore Toronto Metropolitan University's unique urban campus in the heart of downtown Toronto from the comfort of your own home!
- Actual minimum grade ranges required for fall 2024 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. TMU reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.