I joined the School of Occupational and Public Health in November, 2019. Before that, I was with the Faculty of Technology, Policy, and Management at Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands (2015-2019).
I have bachelor's and masters’ degrees in civil engineering, and a PhD degree in oil and gas engineering. My research is mainly focused on safety assessment and management of (petro)chemical facilities with regard to domino effects, natural-technological accidents and terrorist attacks. I am a member of the editorial boards of Safety Science and Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries.
- Optimal fire protection, firefighting and emergency response in process plants
- Risk assessment of natural-technological accidents (Natechs)
- Security vulnerability assessment of process plants
- Governor General of Canada’s Gold Medal in Doctoral Studies, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, Canada, 2013
- David Dunsiger Award for Excellence in Doctoral Studies,Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, Canada, 2013
- Fellow of the School of Graduate Studies, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John’s, Canada, 2012.