You are now in the main content area
Admissions for Occupational and Public Health (MSc)
- Completion of a four-year undergraduate degree in science, applied science, health science or a related field from an accredited institution
- As per YSGS policy, a minimum GPA or equivalent of 3.00/4.33 (B) in the last two years of study is required. However, due to the competitive application process, a minimum 3.33/4.33 GPA (B+) is strongly recommended.
- Completion of at least one statistics course in their undergraduate degree program, with a passing grade of at least B.
- Two academic letters of reference If you are a working professional in the field and completed your undergraduate degree more than five years ago, you may substitute one professional reference for an academic reference.
- Statement of interest
Your statement of 500 to 1,000 words should address the following:
- The research interest(s) you may wish to pursue in a master’s thesis.
- How your previous studies and experience have prepared you for this program.
- Up to three potential faculty supervisors from the School of Occupational and Public Health who you are interested in working with.
- Your career objectives and how this degree program relates to them.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (where applicable)