The Centre for Excellence in Learning and Teaching is pleased to offer the 2023-2024 TA/GA Orientation modules online through D2L Brightspace.
The Orientation modules are designed to help prepare Teaching Assistants and Graduate Assistants to facilitate, provide feedback and meet other assigned duties across classroom contexts.
The training modules are designed to take approximately 90 minutes to complete. They cover all of the following topics:
- Module 1 - Meeting with your Supervising Instructor
- Module 2 - TA/GA Duties and Responsibilities
- Module 3 - Building Rapport with Your Students
- Module 4 - Using D2L Brightspace
- Module 5 - Resources for student success
What you will get out of this training?
- An understanding of the duties and responsibilities involved in TA/GA Assistantship roles.
- Strategies for strong a working relationship with the course instructor (also known as the Supervising Instructor).
- Steps for working confidently in D2L Brightspace.
- Connections to campus resources that will help you to assist students in navigating academic expectations at university.
- A sense of the professional skills involved in academic positions and future careers.
Interested in additional training? You can register for TA/GA workshops throughout the Fall and Winter Semesters.