You are now in the main content area
SHIFT is Toronto Metropolitan University's orientation program for incoming students with disabilities.
Open to all students with disabilities entering any Ontario post-secondary institution for the 2023-2024 academic year, SHIFT offers sessions that guide students through transitioning to post-secondary with a disability.
SHIFT sessions provide information to students and parents/support persons about navigating Academic Accommodation Support (AAS). Students have an opportunity to learn from AAS staff and connect with students with similar experiences.
SHIFT is excited to offer hybrid programming! Students can choose to attend SHIFT either virtually or in-person on Toronto Met campus!
SHIFT will be offered four times over the summer!
Sign up for the date that works for you:
- July 12th, 2023 (Virtually on Zoom)
- July 19th, 2023 (Virtually on Zoom)
- August 17th, 2023 (In-Person on TMU Campus)
- August 22nd, 2023 (In-Person on TMU Campus)
Our 1-hour virtual Parent* Webinar will provide you with information regarding the transition from high school to post-secondary education, registering with Academic Accommodation Support, and your role in supporting your TMU student!
Register for the date that works for you:
- June 13th, 2023 from 6:30 - 7:30 pm
- July 13th, 2023 from 6:30 - 7:30 pm
- August 9th, 2023 from 6:30 - 7:30 pm
* "Parent" refers to parent(s), guardian(s), and/or support persons
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org