Penny Appeal Canada Social Accelerator Fund
The Penny Appeal Social Accelerator Fund was established by Penny Appeal Canada, external link, opens in new window to support three high potential social ventures within the Zone Learning Network.
Penny Appeal Canada is a relief and development organization that offers thoughtful programming to empower communities through prioritizing local needs.
The purpose of the Penny Appeal Canada Social Accelerator Fund is to provide a one-time injection of funds, more human resources, and strategic guidance to take each initiative to their next level of growth. Finalists will pitch competition-style to an expert adjudication panel, with the top three initiatives receiving prizes.
Finalists will receive the following:
- A one-time cash grant
- Funds to support a student intern
- Coaching, programming and other supports at the Social Ventures Zone
The top three finalists will receive the following in funds:
- 1st place: $10,000 grant and 1 paid student intern ($6,000 value)
- 2nd place: $7,000 grant and 1 paid student intern ($6,000 value)
- 3rd place: $5,000 grant and 1 paid student intern ($6,000 value)
- Social ventures, opens in new window that address a social challenge at the core of their operations.
- Any social ventures within the Zone Learning Network are invited to apply.
Checklist to apply:
Letter of recommendation
Completed job posting template (download the google doctemplate, external link, opens in new window)
The applications for the 2022 Penny Appeal Canada Social Accelerator Fund are now open! Applications will close September 26th at 11:59 PM EDT.