Penny Appeal Canada Social Accelerator Fund
The Penny Appeal Social Accelerator Fund was established by Penny Appeal Canada (external link, opens in new window) to support three high potential social ventures within the Zone Learning Network.
Penny Appeal Canada is a relief and development organization that offers thoughtful programming to empower communities through prioritizing local needs.
The purpose of the Penny Appeal Canada Social Accelerator Fund is to provide a one-time injection of funds, more human resources, and strategic guidance to take each initiative to their next level of growth. Finalists will pitch competition-style to an expert adjudication panel, with the top three initiatives receiving prizes.
The top three finalists will receive the following:
- A one-time cash grant
- Funds to support a student intern
- Coaching, programming and other supports at the Social Ventures Zone
- 1st place: $10,000 grant and 1 paid student intern ($6,000 value)
- 2nd place: $7,000 grant and 1 paid student intern ($6,000 value)
- 3rd place: $5,000 grant and 1 paid student intern ($6,000 value)
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a social venture that address a social challenge at the core of their operations
- Active member in one of the 10 zones in the TMU Zone Learning network
- Currently registered in CEDZ100 and continuing membership for the 2023-2024 academic year
- Must meet all eligibility criteria
- Must have completed the application linked below
- Must have a completed letter of recommendation as detailed in the application form
- Must have completed the (google doc) Intern Job Posting Template (external link, opens in new window)
Applications closed October 8th.