In April 2022, Ryerson University changed its name to Toronto Metropolitan University, which will be implemented in a phased approach. You will see the Ryerson name across campus, online and in our official communications for a period of time. Learn more about our next chapter.
National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC)
As a government loan borrower in Canada (i.e. OSAP and out-of-province funding), it is very important for you to know about the National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC), external link, opens in new window.
The NSLSC is an independent, third party agency responsible for the disbursement and collection of student loan funding in Canada. Think of the NSLSC as the “banker” of student loans.
Through your personalized and secure NSLSC account, external link, opens in new window, you can find detailed information related to your overall students loans. You can also use the NSLSC portal to:
- Check your student loans status and balances
- Track your student loan funding disbursement
- Update your banking information
- Make a payment towards your student loan
- Access loan statements for tax purposes
- Update your contact information
- Apply for repayment assistance
- Request a change to the terms of your repayment
It is important that you proactively monitor your NSLSC account for any changes to your profile information and enrolment (such as study period start and end dates, program information, etc). We recommend checking your NSLSC portal on a weekly basis so you don’t miss out on important updates.