You are now in the main content area


Students sitting by the ServiceHub.


Student Financial Assistance (SFA) offers consultation by email or via the ServiceHub, Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU)’s one-stop for all things related to the Office of the Registrar! This includes undergraduate admissions, fees and enrolment, and financial aid.

National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC)

Questions about your funding disbursement, repayment, repayment assistance, or financial aid restriction? The NSLSC is the lender of student loan funding, and can answer these questions, plus more!


Call centre hours: 
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. 

National Student Loans Service Centre
2 Robert Speck Parkway
PO BOX 4030
Mississauga, Ontario L5A 4M4

For all student government aid inquiries please be prepared to present valid photo identification and occasionally, your Social Insurance Number (SIN) card.

Certain requests or actions will require you to present both photo identification and proof of your SIN card. These include, but are not limited to:

  • Picking up a government-issued cheque
  • Requesting a reset of your OSAP password
  • Accessing your Ontario Access Number (OAN)

These requirements are established by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU). No exceptions can be made.

Proof of photo identification

Acceptable forms of valid photo identification include your:

  • TMU OneCard 
  • Driver’s license
  • Health card (with photo, not the red and white card)
  • Ontario photo card
  • Indian status card 
  • Passport
  • Permanent residence card
  • Firearms license
  • LCBO Bring Your ID (BYID) card (issued by the LCBO)

Proof of SIN

For your proof of SIN, we can only accept either your SIN card, your SIN confirmation letter issued by Service Canada, or your “Proof of income statement” (also called “Assessment”) from the Canada Revenue Agency if it contains the full SIN. Without sufficient proof of SIN, we may not be able to assist you.

We cannot accept the following documents in lieu of SIN: 

  • Canada Pension Plan (CPP) Statement of Contributions
  • Notice of Assessment from Canada Revenue Agency, or any other tax-related document (e.g. T1, T4, T5)

No SIN Card?

If your SIN card has been lost or stolen, please contact Human Resources Development Canada to request a SIN confirmation letter. Find out how at Service Canada (external link)