Chemistry - BSc (Hons)
Is it for you?
Chemists create new and useful materials and products, protect the environment and fight disease. You’ll understand matter and energy and their interactions with each other, and combine research and application to expand current practices and improve quality of life.
Program highlights include access to fully equipped labs, an optional independent laboratory research project and a paid co-op option. You’ll also have the chance to further customize your degree with a specialization in Applied Physics or an optional specialization in Management Sciences.
This is one of three bachelor of science programs that share a one-year foundation.
- Canadian Society for Chemistry (CSC)
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher prerequisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Advanced Functions (MHF4U)
- Two of Physics (SPH4U), Chemistry (SCH4U) or Biology (SBI4U)
- Note: the minimum grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites (normally in the 65-70% range) will be determined subject to competition
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available on the admission requirements page.
Tuition and fees
For detailed fees information, visit tuition and fees by program.
Full-time format 2023-2024:
Ontario students fees range: $7,176 - $9,689
Out-of-province students fees range: $8,005 - $10,849
International student fees range: $33,432 - $33,492
Here is a preview of first-year courses based on the available undergraduate calendar information.
* This course is graded on a pass/fail basis.
You’ll be an in-demand professional in areas including:
- Environmental science
- Agricultural chemistry
- Laboratory analytical services
- Quality control
- Product development
- Sales and marketing
- Organic chemistry
- Graduate studies or a professional program in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, law or education
- Actual minimum grade ranges required for fall 2024 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. TMU reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.