Accounting & Finance - BComm (Hons)
Is it for you?
This program combines theoretical and practical learning to prepare for a successful career in accounting and finance. You’ll start with two years of common study and earn the necessary credits to start on the path toward a chosen professional designation.
- Accounting students study financial reporting, auditing, taxation and performance measurement
- While Finance students learn about risk management, investments, corporate financial analysis and financial planning.
- Distinctive learning opportunities include networking events, case competitions, an optional co-op program and the Bloomberg Lab with 12 interactive financial information terminals.
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPA Ontario)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent with a minimum of six Grade 12 U or M courses including the following program-specific requirements.
Typically, a minimum overall average of 70% establishes eligibility for admission consideration; subject to competition individual programs may require higher prerequisite grades and/or higher overall averages:
- English/anglais (ENG4U/EAE4U preferred)
- Advanced Functions (MHF4U)
- Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U)
- Note: A minimum grade of 75% is required in the subject prerequisites
Academic admission requirements for all other applicants are available on the admission requirements page.
Tuition and fees
For detailed fees information, visit tuition and fees by program.
Full-time format 2023-2024:
Ontario students fees range: $10,239 - $10,295
Out-of-province students fees range: $10,967 - $11,023
International students fees range: $38,432 - $38,488
Here is a preview of first-year courses based on the available undergraduate calendar information.
You'll be able to draw connections across disciplines and make contributions to fields including:
- Financial management
- Public or corporate accounting
- Capital markets
- Mutual and pension funds
- Portfolio analysis
- Personal financial planning
- Graduate studies including TMU’s MBA program, or professional designations such as CFA or CPA. Graduating Accounting students can apply to TMU’s professional master’s diploma program in Accounting, an accelerated path to a CPA designation.
Explore Toronto Metropolitan University's unique urban campus in the heart of downtown Toronto from the comfort of your own home!
- Actual minimum grade ranges required for fall 2024 admission/wait list consideration will be determined based on grades and qualifications presented by the applicant pool as they become available. Required grade ranges may fluctuate from year to year (up or down) as a result of competition. Applicants not educated in Ontario may present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. TMU reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.