Sex, Marriage and Illness (#202)
This married couple wants to rekindle their sex life after the husband’s heart attack. They are very uncomfortable discussing sex and yet realize the need for help.
- Demonstrating professionalism
- Conveying empathy
- Asking direct and open-ended questions
- Encouraging dialogue
- Identifying differing perceptions
Information for Learners
The Lees are seeking information and advice about their sex life, or lack thereof. Bill had a severe heart attack four years ago. Martha has encouraged him to attend this appointment with her.
- Bill Lee (fifty-four)
- Martha Lee (fifty-two)
- Sexual Health Clinic at a Hospital or Family Service setting
- Aging and Personal Well Being
- Health Care
- Marriage and Relationships