CEWIL iHUB Funding - 2023 (Round 2)
2023 Round 2 funding will be open and accepting project proposals from January 1 until February 7, 2023.
Co-Operative Education and Work-Integrated Learning (CEWIL) Canada (external link, opens in new window) has announced their next call for project proposals as part of its Innovation Hub (iHub), funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Innovative Work-Integrated Learning Initiative (I-WIL). Like previous rounds, the call for proposals will support curricular EL* (applied research/industry projects, entrepreneurial WIL, field placements and service-learning WIL) that will be occurring between May 1 to December 31, 2023, during the Summer and Fall academic semesters.
*as defined by CEWIL Canada
Given each proposal will be reviewed on individual project merit, Toronto Metropolitan University will not be putting forward one collaborative application. Each individual project/unit will put forward its own applications. Due to the institutional maximum of $500,000, the EL Hub will collect short project descriptions and the amount of your funding request through the Intent to Apply Form (external link, opens in new window) no later than Wednesday, January 25, at 5:00 PM EST.
- Applied research/community-industry partnered projects
- Community Service Learning
- Entrepreneurial WIL
- Field placements
Please note other forms of WIL (like co-op and internships) that highlight the key goals of the iHUB grant may qualify.
A minimum of $200, to a maximum of $1800/student experience will be available, provided it includes 1) student remuneration (of some sort); 2) minimum of one employer or community partner; and 3) a minimum of 20% in-kind or cash contribution from the employer/community partner.
Examples that funding could be used for include:
- Direct student compensation or stipends (for unpaid EL opportunities)
- Direct student financial support (eg. a bursary program that enhances a WIL experience, decreases barriers, or leverages technology can be considered for funding)
- Event costs associated with running qualifying events
- Materials, supplies, or resources that decrease barriers to WIL (eg. adaptive technologies, disability-related supports, and specialized programming)
- Tuition fee credit for administrative services in winter semester
Successful projects will receive 75% of funding upfront, with the remainder distributed upon reporting requirements received.
Find the following resources on the CEWIL iHUB website (external link, opens in new window) directly:
- Application guide (application template included)
- Budget template
- Adjudication Rubric
- Application FAQs
Please note, if you are a CEWIL member, please login using your account details to view the resources. For non-CEWIL members, create a free account to access the documents (external link, opens in new window) .
- Tuesday, January 17 from 11:00 AM -1:30 PM EST - Register via Zoom (external link, opens in new window)
- Wednesday, January 25 from 11:00 AM-1:00 PM EST - Register via Zoom (external link)
We are also available to assist outside the hours noted above; please share any questions or requests with email@example.com (opens in new window) .
|Dates||Deadlines and Details|
|January 1||The official launch of 2023 - Round 2 funding|
|Starting January 5, every Thursday from 12:30-1:30 PM EST||Ask Us Anything - CEWIL IHub open office hours (external link, opens in new window)|
|January 17 at 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM EST||EL Hub Ideation & Information Session (external link, opens in new window) (registration required)|
|January 25 at 11:00 AM-1:00 PM EST||EL Hub Ideation & Information Session (external link, opens in new window) (registration required)|
|January 25 at 5:00 PM EST||Deadline: (google form) Intent to Apply (external link, opens in new window) due to EL Hub|
|February 7 at 11:59 PM EST||Deadline: Project Proposal due to CEWIL iHUB (external link, opens in new window)|