Family Dealing with Terminal Illness (#206)
This family is struggling to face the impending death of Margaret, wife and mother. She gets her strength from her faith, but needs someone she can talk to about her fears for herself and her family.
- Encouraging dialogue
- Acknowledging feelings
- Respecting differing perspectives
- Maintaining professionalism
Information for Learners
Margaret has been in the hospital for five days after suffering a grand mal seizure. She has cancer and has six months to live. She wants to go home to die.
- Margaret Eaton (forty-six), terminally ill
- Al Eaton (forty-seven), Margaret's husband
- Rebecca (fifteen), Margaret's daughter
Note: This simulation is adaptable to the use of one simulator (Margaret Eaton) and some or all of the family members.
- Social Worker
- Adolescence and Family Relations
- Marriage and Relationships
- Aging and Personal Well Being
- Health Care
- Mental Health