Diabetes, Depression and Addiction (#601B)
A young woman needs help managing her addiction and her diabetes.
- Agenda setting
- Building rapport
- Developing trust
- Active listening
- Various questioning techniques
- Collaborative solutions
Information for Learners
Julie Dixon has been losing weight and struggles to manage her diabetes. On her doctor’s advice she booked an appointment to speak with you regarding her situation. Today, in your office at the local community health centre, you meet Julie for the first time. In this scenario you are either:
- A dietitian completing an assessment to determine what might be causing Julie’s weight loss.
- A counsellor helping Julie understand her situation and the consequences of her actions.
- Julie Dixon (approximately thirty)
- Office in a Community Health Centre
- Health Care
- Mental Health