Depression and Anxiety (#115)
This simulation was initially developed in collaboration with Dr. Judy Finlay for the Master of Arts program in Child and Youth Care, Toronto Metropolitan University.
Emily Fraser, a seventeen year old girl, suffers from severe anxiety and depression.
- Agenda setting
- Building rapport and trust
- Active listening
- Various questioning styles
- Collaborative decision making
Information for Learners
You are a meeting Emily Fraser for the first time. After speaking to her mother on the phone you agreed to meet Emily in your office today. From the phone call you learned that Emily’s previous counsellor of two years just moved to Halifax and Emily appears to suffer from anxiety and depression.
- Emily Fraser (seventeen)
- Child and Youth Care Worker
- Social Worker
- An office in a counselling practice or clinic
- Adolescence and Family Relations
- Health Care
- Mental Health